Chapter 10

This chapter is a little....dark. I cried a bit while I was playing it in my head. Just a heads up. If you don't want to read it, just skip to the author's note and you'll find out what happened.

The picture above is of Devon.

Chapter 10

"I guess the teacher isn't here yet," Belle said as we walked into biology. Grayson wasn't there, so I assumed he was taking the day off because of the whole Devon being back at school thing. I couldn't believe that Devon tried getting me to apologize to Grayson for him. Was he really sorry about it all?

Grayson wasn't the only one Devon planned on apologizing to. He was constantly apologizing to Belle, who was his ex-girlfriend, saying that it was his cousin who was causing him to act that way. Belle ignored him, however.

"He probably had to print off worksheets, or something," I said. "He's usually prepared, though."

Belle shrugged as she sat at her desk. As soon as I sat at mine, the bell to start class rang. Tony still wasn't here, but he was probably going to show up soon. He better because when our class was left on our own, it got crazy, especiall;y because of one of Devon's friends, Jace. He was a huge hooligan.

Two minutes passed and Tony still wasn't here. I was planning on texting him to see where he was, but the school's PA system suddenly went on. "The school is on a level 2 lockdown. Repeat, the school is in a level 2 lockdown."

When that was announced, Belle and Thalia walked over to me. "I wonder what's happening," Belle said.

"Nothing too bad, I guess," I said. "It's something outside the school. But I'm wondering why Tony isn't here yet." I pulled out my phone and texted him, asking him where he was. I got a message back almost immediately.

Tony: outside. something's happening. stay in class.

"He's outside," I said. "He said something's happening, obviously. He didn't give any details."

"I hope it's nothing dangerous," Thalia said.

"It wouldn't be dangerous if it's a level 2," Belle pointed out. "Maybe there was an injury and the school needs everyone to stay inside so they won't be in the way."

"I hope you're right," Thalia said. "I mean, I hope nobody got injured, but I hope it's not dangerous."

Devon walked up to us with a hopeful look. "Belle, can we talk?"

Belle corssed her arms and looked away. "Did you two hear anything, because I didn't."

"Come on, Belle," Devon said. "I said I'm sorry. It wasn't my fault!"

Belle turned to him. "No? So when Grayson got shot, you were there because you're cousin forced you to?"

"No, but...."

"My point exactly," Belle said.

"Please," he said, his voice begging. I found it a bit weird because he smirked at me when he first got here, but the begging was genuine. Like he needed Belle to listen to him.

"Belle?" I asked. "Just give him a chance."

Belle looked at me with a raised eyebrow. However, she sighed and grabbed Devon's wrist, pulling him to the other side of the room.

I noticed that by the door, a few students were gathered there. They looked worried as if there was a serial killer inside the school.

Suddenly, someone knocked on the door after trying to open it. One of the students must have locked it. "Go away!" Jace said. "I'm too young to die!"