The Tattooed Prince(6)

His hand rested on the side of my waist, as he talked to a few people from The Royal Counsel. I stood close to him just smiling politely as they talked about the wedding this Friday. After I told Sebastian about my compromise, he ignored it completely. I must have hit an emotional nerve because he stayed quiet while we walked towards the hall.

I never meant to offend him in anyway; I knew this wedding was hitting him hard. He was going to marry me, a complete idiot, and lose a girl that means everything to him. I didn’t want him to feel obligated to leave Madison because of me. Out of the palace he could see Madison all he wanted. Just as long when he walks back in here he has to act like my husband.

Apparently he didn’t like that very much. I might’ve been wrong about them too or maybe he just didn’t want discuss an issue like that with me. Whichever one it was I fully understood.

“Princess, are you ready for your big day?”  I heard someone say.

I snapped out of my thoughts nodding. “Yes, I’m eager to marry The Prince already,” I smiled cheerfully.

Sebastian glances down at me and smirks slightly. To me I knew all of this was just an act, but to the rest of the people who weren’t inform about the arrange marriage, they thought we were madly in love. In a way I felt bad lying to these people, they all seemed nice. When we walked down stairs they all greeted us with hugs and kisses. They even talked to me as if they had known me for years.

The lady smiled happily. “I’m glad Sebastian finally found his perfect girl,” She winked at him.

Sebastian faced away from her blushing. “Stop it Ms. Washington, you're embarrassing me,” He chuckled.

She rolled her eyes, taking a sip of her champagne. “What? She’s your fiancée for god sakes; admit you’re in love with her!”

He tighten his grip on me waist causing me to freeze up. Why was he doing that? I looked up at him, and see him playing it off.  He kept ranting on with her about the preparations, and how The Queen has been all over the place preparing everything. The whole time he kept his grip tight on my waist. By the time we dismissed ourselves from Ms. Washington my side had gone numb.

“It was nice meeting you Ms. Washington. I look forward on seeing you at the wedding,” I said politely. She comes up to me and gives me a hug.

“I’m very happy for you.” She congratulates me. We tell her goodbye one more time and walk away from her.

Sebastian kept his hand on my waist smiling to everyone that made eye contact with him.  I tried doing the same, but my smile only came out to a hard line. My cheeks ached from all the smiles I had to flash, and all the same questions I had to answer. We went into the hall, and once the wooden doors closed, Sebastian let go of me.

I held onto my cheeks rubbing them in circles with my palms. “I think my cheeks are going to fall off,” I whined.

“You will live,” Sebastian responded stretching out.