The Tattooed Prince(5)

The next morning Sophia took me straight to the palace. She promised she wouldn’t tell The Queen about my mom kicking me out the house. I think if she were to find out I would be too embarrassed to ever speak to her. When we arrived there was bunches and bunches of flowers being brought inside.

I stepped out the car looking at the roses, lilies, and carnations that were perfectly bunched into one another in the basket. Sophia walked up to me taking in the view of the thousands of flowers.

            “These are all for the wedding.” She whispered closed to my ear.

            I turned my head back giving her a half-smile. “Isn’t The Queen forcing this wedding too quickly?” I asked her.

            Sophia bit down on her lip, thinking about my question. “You see Princess the palace works much differently than the city. The Queen has the power but her decisions are back up by The Royal Counsel.” She explained. “Usually royal weddings take up to a year to plan, but they want The Prince married as soon as possible.”

            Great, so that only meant my torture to pretend to love this Prince was coming closer than I expected.  Sophia and I entered the palace and people were walking all over the place bringing in decorations, and flowers. Queen Rachel stood by the stairs giving orders around, when she saw me a huge smile spread on her lips.

            “Adalyn, I’m glad you decided to move in the palace before the wedding!” She said happily clapping her hands together.

            I bowed smiling timidly. “I want to be here when the preparations for the wedding occur.” I lied to her.

            She flashed me a huge grin. “Really?” She giggled. For a queen Rachel sure acted like a total teenage girl when it came to the wedding. She wasn’t in her serious mood, and she seemed to be more excited than anyone else.

            I nodded. “I’m not good at organizing but I would love to help.” I replied.

            “Great, well tonight it’s your Royal Engagement Party, I know I should’ve notified you sooner, but The Royal Counsel decided on things way to quickly!” She rolled her eyes. “Anyways the wedding is this Friday.”

            I stood still for a moment, processing the words that just came out of her mouth. So my wedding was this Friday. Okay. I can work with that, tomorrow I would tell the girls about the wedding, and Friday they’ll be happy for me…right?

            Then again everything can go totally wrong. The girls can end up hating me for the rest of my life, and I end up being a disappointment as a Princess. Then I’ll be friendless, worthless, and homeless.

            Sophia gave my shoulder a light squeeze. “Hey breathe.” She muttered, keeping a smile on her face.

            I inhaled and thumped up The Queen. “Sounds good.”

            Rachel took hold of my hand and looked straight at me. “You really don’t have to worry about much Adalyn. Your wedding dress is picked out, and the invitations have been sent. You just have to stay calm and not freak out.” She assured me.

            From up the stairs we heard someone clear their throat. “You aren’t going to teach her the simple Royal Family rules, and courtesy gestures?” Sebastian asked them.

            He leaned against the wooden stair case placing his hands into his black slacks. He looked completely different from last night, he was wearing a royal blue button up shirt, and you couldn’t even tell he had tattoos.