22 | bombarda

A/N

Posting this update while sunbathing on a beach in Indonesia. I think this proves the love I have for you, don't you think? And to any of my readers from Indonesia, much love from me to you!

x Noelle

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

2 2

b o m b a r d a

Provokes an explosion.

"OKAY, THEO, I have to ask – food or sex?"

Theo grinned. New Year's Eve was a far more subdued event than Christmas had been. But Blaise and Hermione had prepared dinner, and he'd just gotten his third helping of roast ham when Pansy asked the question.

"I don't know," he answered honestly, before turning to his best mate. "Draco?"

Draco didn't even spare him a glance. "Food."

"Really?"

"I need food to fucking live, don't I?

"Logically, that's correct. But say that you must go the rest of your life with either food or sex. Which will it be?"

"Food."

"Really?" Theo's lips tugged upwards in a sly smile that almost mirrored Pansy's opposite him. "So let's say a really, really attractive brunette – " and now Theo looked pointedly at Hermione, who was in the kitchen with Blaise, " – threw herself at you and you'd still pick food?"

"Food," but neither Pansy nor Theo missed the way Draco's eyes flickered to Hermione for a brief moment.

Theo chuckled. It was a good thing that Hermione was busy preparing the pudding and couldn't hear the conversation they'd just had. He was certain her blush would be off the charts.

Theo had just started on the new portion of ham when the skin on his arm suddenly erupted with a slow, familiar burn. He stilled, a slice of ham still hanging off his fork, and glanced over at Draco with wide eyes and a sinking heart. Pansy too looked worried, and Blaise was heading out of the kitchen towards them with Hermione in tow.

"Draco?" Blaise started. "Is it – "

"Yes." Draco jerked his head towards their Death-Eater robes on the coat rack. "Go."

The other three immediately went to grab their robes and masks, then apparated to Malfoy Manor.

Draco lingered, if only to give her a reassuring nod. "We'll be fine, Granger."

She went over to him and slid her arms around his waist. "Is there anything I can do to help?"

He thought about it. "Get the potions ready. We'll probably be pretty cut up when we get back. And save Theo's food for him, he'll probably be starving as usual."

She nodded and reached up to brush her thumbs gently against his cheeks. "Stay safe."

"Not likely. It's an occupational hazard," Draco smirked briefly, feeling the knot in his stomach dissipate when Hermione let out a tiny laugh.

"Then just do whatever you can to come back."

"Always, Granger."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬