13 | episkey

A/N

Aw, it's cute you guys prefer Draco! I'm Theo all the way, at least, developing his character was one of the best parts about writing this fanfic (and Finite). Another question—based on the Harry Potter books (not Draconian): Harry Potter or Draco Malfoy?

x Noelle

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

1 3

e p i s k e y

Heals minor injuries.

DRACO WAS SURPRISED to see the smile on Hermione's face when he entered the room. His features softened. "You heard that?"

A giggle fell from her lips. The book on Herbology that was lying in front of her was completely forgotten; along with the carton of food that Pansy had given her earlier. "Did – did Theo really bring two girls home?"

Draco began to nod, but he stilled suddenly when he registered what she'd just said. Home. Fuck, was Hermione actually getting attached to this place?

"Draco?"

He turned his attention back to her. "Yeah, he did. And he couldn't get rid of them, that bloody git."

"I heard. Got a bit of a shock though." She gestured to the door. "What was that?"

"Firewhisky. Theo'll clean that up."

Hermione pulled her knees up to her chest. "Does Theo always do this? Bring his...girlfriends home, I mean."

"Not girlfriends – slags. And yeah, he does. He's a known womaniser since Hogwarts days."

"Yes, I know. If I remember correctly – you were quite the womaniser too."

Draco's eyebrows shot up. As far as he had been concerned, his conquests had been more or less kept within the Slytherin dormitories. "Who told you?"

Her smile was almost wicked – not dangerous like Pansy's; but more mischievous, playful, and he felt his eyes drawn to her lips like the Earth's magnetic pull. "Rumours. So...are they true?"

"What?"

"Your – slags," she seemed rather uncomfortable saying that. And it almost seemed too vulgar coming from her lips. Draco couldn't decide whether he liked or loathed it.

"In the past," he acceded. When he had time. When he wasn't the head Death-Eater. When he didn't have that much blood on his hands that he felt like he'd taint whoever he touched. "Not so much now."

"Why?"

He shrugged. "No reason," his tone was cavalier. "Do you want me to?" He couldn't help but turn the tables on her, and when she blushed a dozen shades of crimson, he felt rather amused.

"Of course not!"

Her response was far too quick, far too heated for him to ignore. "Why?" When she faltered and averted her gaze, he took a step closer. Something told him that he was placing a foot in dangerous territories, but he had always liked playing with fire. "Why, Granger?"

"Because – " He could almost hear the gears whirring in her head as she fumbled for a response. " – because I live here, that's why! And it'd be disrespectful if...if you brought some girl here while I'm in the same room!"