10 | brackium

A / N

Just curious, how many of you are first-time readers and re-readers? It would be great if you could leave a comment HERE just so I have a vague idea. Hope you're enjoying the ride either way.

x Noelle

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

1 0

b r a c k i u m   e m e n d o

Mends bones.

DRACO WINCED WHEN he saw the horror on Hermione's face.

He'd been wrong to presume she was asleep. Her eyes were wide and she immediately scrambled off the bed when she saw him.

"Draco," she gasped, almost tripping in her attempt to get to him. He held her by the waist and revelled in her warmth. "What happened?"

He shook his head. "I got attacked."

"Who – no, wait. That's not important. Sit down." She pulled him towards the bed. "You have to get those cuts fixed and – "

She disappeared into the bathroom quickly. Draco stared after her, his breath caught in his throat and hardly able to believe his eyes. She wasn't even stammering. Merlin, she sounded so like her old self – organised and level-headed and...

" – you'll be fine, Draco," she re-emerged from the bathroom, a wet towel in hand. Her face was alight with fear and determination all at once. She looked every bit the tenacious Gryffindor she had once been, but different all the same – because never once had her concern been directed at him before in the past.

And that made a world of difference.

Hermione quickly settled next to him on the bed, pressing the warm towel against his face to clean the cuts and scratches. Her movements were steady and assured, and Draco couldn't quite take his eyes off her.

"You'll be fine," she repeated and knelt down to reach for his foot. "Did you sprain it?"

He was rarely ever left speechless, but this was one of those few times. Wordlessly, he nodded.

"We'll have to ice it, then." She held up the basin. "Freeze this, please."

He stared at her, then at the basin; an idea suddenly forming in his mind. He shook his head. "No."

"Draco, you have to – "

"You do it."

She shrank back. "W-what?"

He reached for the spare wand on the dresser and held it out to her. "Go on."

"N-no! I can't – I can't do magic anymore – "

"Granger," he pinned her with a levelled look. "I'm in a fucking lot of pain right now and I think my rib is cracked. You had better fix this before I die on you."

Her mouth fell open in horror. "Don't say that!" She grabbed the wand from him unthinkingly, and reached forward to lift his bloodied shirt.

Draco pulled it over his head and tossed it aside. Then he gestured the movement for the healing spell. "Brackium Emendo."