Chapter 6| Time To Get Some Answers

*Isis pictured*

Sunday

7:00am

Melody's POV

Heaven's Hospital

11 weeks left

When I arrived at the hospital I walked to the front desk and the lady was sitting in purple and white scrubs. She was sitting writing something on her clipboard. She told me one moment. I stood and looked around. I wore a black off shoulder top with a silver necklace. I had on a black and gold cheetah print skirt with black sandal wedges.

She put her pen down and looked up at me. She held up a finger and wrote something on a card. It read Room 29 Floor 2 Nicole Chamber. I thanked her quietly and went to the elevator. I pressed the second floor button. No one followed me and it was a quiet ride. When I stepped off I realized that this was an office floor. I looked to the right and it was the 20's rooms. I went to the end of the hall it was a large singular door office. I knocked and she buzzed the door open.

I stepped in and closed the door softly. I sat in the chair in front of her desk. She finished what she was writing an looked up slowly. When she meet my eyes she gave a smile. She said welcome princess. This is how the conversation went. (Bold is Melody, Italics is Nicole)

"I know what you came here for." She says stacking her papers neatly on her desk and interlocking her fingers in front of her.

"And I know you have some explaining to do." I lean back in my chair, raising an eyebrow.

"Princess, please let me introduce myself. I am..." She starts but I cut her off.

"Nicole Chamber. I know." I say smoothly.

"That is somewhat true. That is my human name my real name is Isis." She explains.

"Wait, Isis like the egyptian goddess Isis?" I ask, raising an eyebrow in suprise. She just nods and glances over to her computer, pressing the power button.

"Well we didn't show up for introductions did we now?" Nicole says, getting straight to the point.

"I came here for answers, and well some help." I admit.

"What kind of help?" Nicole asks me.

"Help with..." I begin and look around the room nervously before asking, "Are there cameras in here?"

"There used to be. I removed them." Nicole admits sheepishly.

"Ok. I need help with my abilities." I say slowly.

"You're not ready to call them powers." Nicole says, pointing out a fact.

"When I feel ready I will. Now will you explain yourself?" I demand impatientely.

"Originally myths say that me and my husband Osiris were the first gods. That is not true. We started off humans like your family. I was hired to raise you in your father's time of need. Your mother was my best friend. When I saw what that monster did to her I wished I was there. But the man who did it we were all friends at a time. He grew jealous of your mother's love for..." Nicole says and I cut her off, yet again.

"Yeah yeah. Told this already. My question is if my mother created all good why didn't her powers transfer to me after she died?" I asked.

"To have your powers you had to be fourteen to transfer to you automatically and not to the next of kin. The next of kin was me so I received your mother's powers. To give it to you I had to do it manually." Nicole explains.