Chapter 1| Back To The Beginning

*Jasmine Pictured*

4:55pm

Friday

End of September

16 weeks ago

Melody's POV

AP Chemistry

As I was waiting for the bell to ring it bounced my leg impatiently on the floor. I looked over at Jasmine on my left wearing a black tank top with a pair of ripped skinny jeans. She had her hair half up in a curly ponytail and the rest out and straight with light brown highlights in her blonde hair. On my right James wore a short sleeved shirt that seemed too small because he was so ripped. He had on a pair of loose jeans. He had warm brown eyes with hazel flecks. When the bell rang I grabbed my stuff and bolted towards the door to meet my friends.

"You going to the party Saturday night?" Jasmine asks with an excited grin.

"That depends. Maybe if someone asked to be my date then I'd go." I say, winking at James.

"So I guess that's my cue." James says, wrapping an arm around my shoulders an pulling me to him to kiss my cheek. "Will you go to the dance with me Melody?" He asks with a smile.

"Of course." I say with smile and he kisses me on the lips.

"Get a room you two." Jasmine says, fake gagging. I flip her the bird and she laughs.

"My house at seven?" I ask as we're about to depart from each other.

"Yeah, and I'll drive my nice car you like." James says and I laugh. He gives me a quick peck on the lips before he leaves for football practice and I leave for cheerleading practice.

When I got to the locker room the girls were cheering for me. My eyes widened in shock and utter confusion.

"What's going on?" I asked, looking at the girls in front of me who were smiling.

"You haven't heard yet?" Jessica asked, looking to Jasmine who gave her a sheepish smile.

"Heard what?" I ask again.

"You're the new cheer captain." Jessica said, beaming at me.

Now naturally this would be the happiest moment of my life so far but when I heard how I got the position I felt kind of embarrassed. I heard that the former cheerleading captain resigned because of family issues. But the truth was she was caught having sex with a teacher while drunk. Because of it she was expelled from the school. Even not all of that was the truth. The girls didn't like her as a captain so they worked together to make fake pictures to go with it. The teacher was our health advisor Mr.Barney. When we finished getting ready we started practice with some stretching and a few laps. Then we started to rehearse our routine for the game Wednesday. When it was 6:00 we left to go back to locker room to change back. Jasmine and I were having a sleepover at my house this weekend and then from there we were going to head to the party then drop Jas at her house but things did not go as expected.

When we got to my house from school we rushed up to my bedroom. I was so fortunate to have the master bedroom. My colors were red, purple, gold, and black. I had a large closet and a big tv. That night we watched the Avengers: Age of Ultron then after we did our nails to match our potential color of the dress. Before going to bed we watched World's Funniest Fails with Terry Cruz. We woke up the next day at noon. The teachers were nice enough to not give us any homework this weekend so all we had to concentrate on was getting ready for the party. I laid out a red silk short dress with drapes and a gold dress covered with black lace. Both were strapless. Jasmine picked out the black dress but I picked out the red. I grabbed my lucky coin and told her to call it. She said tails. I flipped it and let it land on the ground. I won.

I put on the dress with some black pumps and some black diamond earrings. I wore a light pink blush with red lipstick. I also had some black eyeliner. For my hair i straightened it then I gave them light waves. By the time we were ready James was at the front of my house with a red buick. I called to grandma saying that I would be home by 11. She said ok and love you. When my mother died and my dad left me with my grandma our deal was good grades means I could do anything. That meant I started dating in 5th grade. I got my first iPhone when I was 7. I got a lot of stuff at an early age.

On the way to the party I kept looking out the window. James asked me what was wrong and I said nothing. The truth was I had a burning question in the back of my mind. When I asked a guy for something he would do it no matter how crazy. But when I asked a girl something that was equally as crazy it didn't happen. For some reason I always thought I was a siren. But it might be my imagination.

When we finally arrived at the party people were passed out on the lawn. My gut told me something was going to go wrong but I figured it was just my nerves. When we walked into the party it felt more like a club than a party. Couples were making out in the corners and there was a full stocked mini-bar. James asked me if I wanted anything to drink and I asked him for a Sprite. Now I know what your thinking. Your at a party with booze, why not get a real drink. Here is why. Last time I went to a party I got so drunk that I ended up at a stranger's house naked on the bed. You hear that right. Naked. I got dressed and rushed back home. Luckily Grandma was out shopping so I ran upstairs changed into pj's and took a nap. When I woke up grandma was looking at me holding a up with a drink in her hand saying this will help with the hangover.

When James came back with my soda I chugged it down and I pulled Jasmine to the electronic dance floor. They started playing Trap Queen so everyone started singing. After what felt like 5 minutes James tapped us on the shoulder and showed us his apple watch. 9:30. We rushed out the door to the car. When when got to the freeway Jasmine kept looking at the clock worriedly. Then the unexpected happened. We saw headlights then the car crashed. There was a truck in front of us and a drunk driver was behind the wheel. When I thought I woke up I walked over to one of the firemen and tapped him on the arm. He was standing over my body. I ran all around the area. I found James and Jasmine in a heavy gray blanket. They were being asked questions about what happened. I came to 2 conclusions. Either I died or I was in a coma.

Hey guys. Like I promised over 1k words and next day update. If you like this please vote and share.

Thanks! Empress223310: )