Part 11

Jazmine's Pov.

Were only a few blocks away from the house. Huey looked so lost...so...

I hit the back of my dad's seat. "Stop the car!"

They both look back. "Jaz-"

"Stop the car!"

"Sweety," Dad says. "Were not there-"

"I SAID STOP THE FUCKING CAR GOD DAMMIT!!"

Dad pulls the breaks and I jerk back into my seat. He looks back, puzzled by my language. "Now Jazmine Dubois. We don't allow language like that in this-"

"I'm half black! The fuck do you expect?!"

Mum gasps and covers her mouth with both hands. I open the door and run out, back the way we drove. I don't look back.

I run all those blocks, remembering I'm wearing heels, I take them off and sprint. Eventually I reach the Freeman house and pound on the door. The door swings open, "What the hell-"
He stops when he sees me. "Jazmine!"

"Is Huey here?" I ask panting.

"I thought he was with you."

I frown. If he's not here...then where..? An idea comes to mind and I gasp. I hug Mr Freeman and storm off.

He watches her sprint away and huffs, "Kids these days."

I finally reach the hill. I force my legs to bring me up. I walk around the tree and see a boy with an abnormally large afro, standing right at the edge of the hill, facing the view lf the city.

I drop my heels and drop to my knees, exhausted and panting. I feel like I'm about to pass out. I shake off the feeling and pull myself up. A breeze lifts my dress and cools me down. I look at Huey. Be doesn't seem to notice I'm here. He's usually always attentive.

I quietly walk closer to him and tap him on his shoulder. He turns around immediately, on guard, he holds his hands up. When she sees me, he slowly lowers his hands.

"Jazmine," he says.

"Huey." I smile.

Huey's Pov.

I came here...to the hill. To deal with my ignorance, trying to forget Jazmine.

She's here. She pants like she's just run a marathon. She's not wearing her heels either and her hairs messy. Somehow she still manages to look so beautiful. Ugh! What's wrong with me??

"I know love when I see it, Huey."

Maybe for once, Granddad actually knew what was going on and he was...right.

Is this love? I don't think I've ever been in love...nor felt loved.

"What're you doing here?" I ask in what I hope isn't a harsh tone.

She shrugs. "Just thought I'd drop by...what's a dinner compared to this?" She motions at the city and walks to my side. We stand there in silence, admiring the view.

"Huey..." she says.

"Jazmine..."

"I'm sorry-"

"No," I cut in. "I'm sorry. I'm the whole reason this was so complicated anyway..."

She shrugs. "True."

Silence.

"Huey..."

"Yes."

"Do...do you love me?"

Jazmine's Pov.

I can't believe I asked him that! He doesn't seem to even flinch at my question though.

Silence.

"Yes..." he says. "I do." Its time I've accepted it.

I blush and look the other way. When I look back, his whole body is facing me and he looks at me with those eyes...

"Do you...feel the same way?" He asks.

I turn my body to face him. "Yes."

I sense a corner of his mouth turn up.
"Are you smiling at me, Huey?"

He shrugs. "I don't know."

I take a step closer and he does the same thing, soon were only inches apart. He steps again, getting rid of the space between us. Huey carresses my cheek and I blush. I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him in. He wraps his arms around my waist and kisses me back.

At first, our mouths are closed, until I part mine, he does the same and it turns into a make out. I dunno how long were like that, but it stops sooner than I hoped. When we finally break apart, I see passion in his eyes and we both grin.

"I like it when you smile, Huey," I whisper.

He kisses me again. "Me too. It's been a while...thank you, Jazmine."

Our foreheads touch. "Your most welcome."