You'll settle for a bit of it

The sharp buzz of the bell rang through the halls, signaling the start of the day.
Another day in this shithole, I'd rather be smoking under the bleachers rn.
"Alright class sit down lets begin today's lesson" my teacher chimed. "Today is a mandatory state guided lecture on the dangers of drug use due to the alarming data collected in the youth risk assessment survey..." She continued.
"I am aware I sound like a broken record but drugs are not something to mess with, drug use is dangerous! Right Mabel?" Like I care  "Of course ma'am, I wouldn't dream of touching them" oh the irony
She hasn't quite finished her lecture when the bell rings.
"Mabel!" My friend yelled from across the hall as she ran up to whisper in my ear "Bleachers at 11?"
"I'll be there" why does she even bother asking, of course I will
I've been thinking a lot today and honestly I never really intended to get into drugs. I mean yeah I smoked pot and all but heroin? I more or less had just wanted something to take away the pain, and when my friend had offered me a pan of foil,  I had put my lips to that pen shell as if I had done it my entire life. Looking back I suppose I had just settled for whatever could potentially take away my pain. You're an idiot Mabel. I really was but nothing could change that now.