The journey begins

CHAPTER 4 - THE JOURNEY BEGINS

 Hannah pov

Room 101, where do I start? This place is huge and all I can see for miles is trees and mountains that have this dark glow around them, this place is so uninviting that it makes you feel like you just have to run away screaming, but I know I could never do that because it would get me nowhere.

But the thing I don't get is why people call it the Lost City when all you can see for miles is a huge scary looking forest with not one building in site. I would call it more of a forbidden forest. I just hope that's not the only thing that's here; I don't even want to start to think about what could be in the forest. But right now we seemed to be standing in some sort of clearing with the forest surrounding us.

 "Do we have to go through there," Sarah asked pointing at the forest.

 "It looks like it Sarah." 

 "Everyone stay close," Sean said to us all.

 "Ok" we all replied as we started to get closer to the forbidden forest. To keep my mind off the idea of going in there, I think get to know the others better as it looks like we might be here a long time.

"Hi Ben," I greeted him.

"Hi Hannah," he replied back.

"How are you?" I asked a stupid question considering where we are.

"As good as I can be when you are in this horrible place," he still had some humour even though we are in here. I have a feeling we are going to need all this we can get.

"Do you have a family outside this place?" he asked me.

"Yeah I live with my mum, dad and annoying big brother," I told him truthfully.

"What about you?" I asked him.

"Same, when do you think they'll realise that we are gone," he asked me and I could see the pain in his eyes.

"I don't know but I think we're the only ones that can get ourselves out of here," I believed.

"I have the same feeling too," We were silent for a moment just thinking to our selves, then we made it to the forest.

"Right people in we go," Sean told us, I guess we've sort of made him the leader because out of all of us he seemed to be the least scared. Slowly we all enter the forbidden forest. We are suddenly surrounded by millions of trees anyone could get lost in, I really hope we don't. The forest seemed so dark with the cover of the trees. All of sudden I felt really tried but we have no time to rest we have to keep going. As if Sean could read my thoughts he said, "I know we are all tired but we have to keep going until we can find a safe place to rest."

So we carried on walking, it seemed to never end. Then all of a sudden I tripped, just as I'm falling someone caught me.

"Are you all right?" I looked up to see Sean's beautiful sea blue eyes staring down at me.

 "Yeah I am fine, just tripped on a twig or something," I'm always falling over at home I thought to myself.

"Good be careful next time," he said sweetly.

"Ok," I whispered.

"Right I think here's a good enough spot," he said and stopped, just in time as well I thought because it is starting to get dark and in a few hours it will be pitch black. This place seems to get very cold when it's dark, just like the desert.

"I will go and get some wood to make a fire," Ben said.

"Ben I think someone should go with you," I told him, I don't like the idea of him going by himself.

"It's ok Hannah I will go with him," Sean told me.

"But don't go too far," I warned him.

"We won't Hannah don't worry," then off they went which left me, Sarah and Jason.

"Hannah I wouldn't worry about them they look like they can handle themselves," Jason told me sweetly.

"Yeah I know they can, it's just I don't want anything to happen," I had worry in my voice and I think Jason noticed.

"I know," Jason hugged me.

"What was that for?" I asked him and I saw that he was smiling.

"Nothing, it was just to cheer you up and it is working, you're smiling," he was right I was smiling.

"Ok you guys stop hugging," Sarah said and for a moment I forgot she was even here.

"Oh Sarah, why don't you join in on the hug?" Jason said to her.

"No Jason, I'm OK thanks," she sat down and I broke the hug with Jason.

"Hannah why did you break the hug," he asked me with a cheesy sad face.

"Because Jason you had long enough," I told him smiling more.

"Spoil sport," that made me laugh, I slowly walked over to where Sarah was sitting, curled up in a little ball. I rubbed her back to try and make her feel better.

"Sarah it's going to be ok, we got 3 big, strong guys to help us get out of here," I told her.

"Yeah I know," it sounded like she was to crying.

"Sarah why don't you try and get some sleep?" hoping that would make her stop thinking about this place and just get some rest.

"Ok," she said quietly.

"You can put you head in my lap it you want," I told her, I really didn't mind.

"Ok," she put her head in my lap, I took my coat off as well; it wasn't very thick but it was better than nothing, so I put it around her to keep her warm. She needed it more than me, even though I'm freezing.

 All of a sudden I heard something move, I quickly turned my head to see what it was. But that's when I saw Sean and Ben walk through the trees.

"About time," Jason told them.

"Yeah I know but we needed to get a lot of wood because it's getting very cold," tell me about it, its freezing out here, I thought.

"Hi you guys," I greeted them.

"Hi Hannah," they said together then start to make the fire.

"Hannah where's your coat," Sean asked me, I just pointed down to Sarah who was now asleep on my lap.

 "You must be freezing," he said with concern in his eyes.

 "I am but she needs it more than me," when I said that he was already walking over to me and putting his coat on me.

"You can't give me your coat you need it too," I couldn't believe him, he's going to freeze now, I'm not having that.

"Yes I can give you my coat if I want. Don't worry Hannah I'll just sit by the fire," he told me sweetly. As Sean was walking over to the fire I took a good look at him. He really is handsome with his beautiful blond hair and blue eyes, he looks like an angel. Oh Hannah I think you're losing it, I thought to myself.

"Here let me take Sarah you need to sleep," Jason told me and lifted Sarah off my lap carefully trying not to wake her.

"Thanks," I replied half sleepy myself.

"That's ok," he sat down on the other side of the fire and carefully put Sarah next to him as if he was protecting her. 

I slowly lied down, wrapped myself in Sean's big, warm coat around, letting my eyes drop to sleep.

_____________________________ 

Hope you enjoyed, vote and comment to let me know???

holly.....................XD