Chapter 5

Lovely winced as her ‘father’ cut into her wrist, as he cut deeper, she couldn’t help but wince. Her blood was running silver down her arm and staining her black pants where it fell.

“Is this all necessary?” asked Lovely through gritted teeth.

“Completely. Morpheus is highly interested in your progress and has requested a blood sample.”

It had been four months since Lovely had been released from the institute. She could not understand why Morpheus needed to check up on her so soon. Lovely yanked her hand back, which did absolutely nothing aside from cutting her hand further. Blood splattered onto the front of his jacket.

“My dear Elizabeth, you must cooperate.” He reached out to grab Lovely’s hand.

“Why?”

“You’ll get sent back.”

Lovely considered his statement for a minute and then slowly extended her arm until her wrist was hovering inches from his mouth.

“Good gir-“ Lovely slammed her hand into his throat and his voice chocked off abruptly.

“Now,” she said, “Where are they?”

When he didn’t respond Lovely press her knee into his back and slammed his head against the carpeted floor.

“T- they?”

“The shocking implants.”

He chuckled slightly. “Everywhere.”

Lovely growled low in her throat, a surprisingly animalistic sound. “Get them out.”

“No.” he spat. He began to laugh. “Stupid creature; believing that I can take out what Morpheus, put in.” His laugh turned to a grunt of pain as Lovely slammed his head against the ground for a second time.

“Then who can take them out?”

“The one who put them in. Morpheus.

Lovely let out a breath that she hadn’t know she was holding. “Only Morpheus?” she sighed.

“Only Morpheus.”

“Give me the remote than.” His hand crabbed towards his right pocket, but Lovely pulled his other arm tighter. “I can get it.”

Lovely withdrew the remote and looked at its hard, black casing. She slammed the corner of it against the floor.

“It won’t break.”

“It will. I’ll make it.” Lovely glared at the remote. Nothing happened.

“I told you.”

“Get up.” said Lovely.  She pulled him to his feet and pressed him against the wall. With the arm that was not holding his behind his back, she grabbed a handful of his hair and pulled his head back. “I want you to open this remote. I know you can.”

“Let me go.”

“Will you open the remote?”

“Let me go.” He yelled as Lovely jerked his arm up, breaking in.

“I’ll let you go,” said Lovely, “When you promise to open the remote.”

Though she could not see it, he rolled his eyes. “Fine.”

Lovely released him and he slid down the wall, cradling his arm. She looked down at him with a mixture of pity and disgust. He looked back at her, his eyes full of hatred.

“Tell me how to open it.”

“You need to unscrew the back panel and then enter a combination. After that it’s just a matter of snipping the wires.” He winced as he pushed himself into a standing position. “You realize that Morpheus will just make another one.”

“Yes I do. Come,” she said taking his wrist, “I’m not letting you out of my sight.”

Lovely went around the house in search of the screw driver, until finally she found one hidden in one of the kitchen drawers.

As the back panel came away a mechanical voice spoke telling her to enter the code. At this Lovely looked to her ‘father’ for guidance.

“Code.”

“Code what?”

“Give me the code.”

“Do you really think I know it?”

“Yes, I really do.” she said softly.

“Well I don’t so just-“

“Just tell me.” Lovely pressed the tip of the screw driver on his Adam’s apple and pressed down ever so slightly. “I will kill you.”

“No you won’t.”

“Alright,” she amended, “Maybe I won’t, but I’m not averse to hurting you.” She moved the knife down to his collarbone. “Wouldn’t it hurt if I drug this across your chest?”

He swallowed hard. “The code- it’s Ak429HRt3N.”

Lovely keyed it in and watched as the back popped off to reveal the wires beneath. In one swift motion she sliced them with the screwdriver. She rounded on the man, he immediately held up his hand in surrender.

“I did what you asked.”

“Yes you did.”

“You can’t- wouldn’t- kill me, a creature like you ”

“You are nothing like me,” She said and drove the screw driver into his throat. He made a gurgling sound then fell to the ground dead. “Because I am Lovely."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sorry about this Chapter 5ndidn't completely upload when I posted it and I had to re do it and put it up again. Any way thanks for all the love!

-Helen