Chapter 14

They stood there frozen, watching the Robotic holding Raven. The thing turned its face back to Raven who was still struggling on the floor.

“You see this?” it said in Morpheus’ voice, “I have ordered the Robotics to capture your friends and the other escaped experiments. And as you’ve probably figured out, I’m not here. I anticipated this and moved myself to a safe location, I left the others here to help with my cover.” The Robotic pointed to the various computer screens on the desk, “You watch the feed from the security cameras there and after that the Robotics will come and pick you four up.

Michele, I had such great expectations for a prodigy such as your self. It’s a pity that you wont live to meet them. I say good bye to you now- we’ll be seeing each other soon I believe.” The Robotic smiled its crazed smile again and went limp. Raven got to his feet slowly, his left arm hanging at an awkward angle.

“What do we do?” asked Lovely.

“What do you think we do? We get out of this room and stop those god damned Robotics.” he said.

“That,” said Rose pointing to the now closed door, “Will be a lot harder to do then say.”

“Actually the button to open the door is on the desk, but there’s a combo you have to crack.” said Michele. She was still bleeding, the makeshift bandage was doing nothing.

“Well then open it.”

“Raven,” sighed Lovely, “She doesn’t know it either.”

“Oh.”

Raven meandered over to the desk and poked at the panel. “There are numbers and letters.”

“Ohmigawd! Really? I never expected that! Mind blown.” yelled Rose.

She joined raven, leaning over the panel. Rose quickly punched in some random numbers and added an ‘A’. The door didn’t open. She tried and failed three more times, then Raven pushed her aside. He too punched in some made up codes to no avail.

“Lovely, come here and help me up.” said Michele, waving her over.

“What are you going to do?” asked Lovely, the apprehension plain in her voice.

“Break the combo.”

“If we can’t do it you certainly can’t.” scoffed Raven.

“Just shut your mouth Raven! You’re not helping us at all.” yelled Lovely.

She helped Michele over to the panel and watched as she entered a seemingly random pattern. The door pinged open.

“How did you do that?” gasped Lovely.

Michele smiled- letting the smugness she felt appear for a few short moments. “Easy. I just looked for the keys that were most worn down. The ones that had been pressed the most.”

“Stupidstupidstupid!” muttered Rose, banging her head against the wall.

“Lets go!” Lovely ran out of the room followed by the others.

“Michele isn’t following us.”

They turned around and ran back to the room. Michele was sitting against the wall, her face extremely pale. She waved her hand weekly. “I’m staying here.”

“Why?”

“I can’t run and I’d only get in your way. Especially in my current state.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah.” she said smiling weekly.

“What if they find you? What if those guys wake up?”

“I’ll give ‘em hell man!” Michele pulled a small pistol form her belt.

Lovely nodded and they resumed their running. “We…should be…getting close to…the hallway.” panted Rose.

“Alright,” said Lovely, who had barely broken a sweat, “Let’s stop. Even a dumb Robotic would hear your panting Rose.”

“Sorry…I have…mild Asthma.” she gasped and clutched at her throat.

“She’s probably having a mild panic attack as well.”

“What’s that Raven?”

“I said she’s having a panic attack.”

“No I heard you, but I think- I think there’s something coming.”

Lovely could hear the sound of metal scraping along tile. The sound sent chills down her spine and reminded her of her days in the Institute. She held up a hand, signaling for quiet. The sound was getting progressively louder and Lovely though she could her multiple sets of the sound.

“Raven. Rose. I think some Robotics are coming.”

Raven unfolded his wings and pulled out a gun he’d gotten off and experimentalist, reading himself for a fight. Rose, however, was still on the ground gasping for breath louder than a drowning man. Raven looked over at her, concern and worry written across his face.

He looked at Lovely and she cocked her head. “What?” she whisper-shouted.

“She’s having trouble breathing.”

Lovely rolled her eyes. Of course Rose was having trouble breathing- that was one of their main problems. “Rose! Can you fly?”

In between her gasps she replied, “May- gasp-be”

“If you were scared enough?” She nodded her head yes. “Good. That might just happen.”

As Lovely said that, the Robotics came screeching round the corner. They were prepared and set about hacking them to pieces. What they weren’t prepared for was heralded to them by Rose’s scream.

She had snapped out her wings and was now hovering over another group of Robotics. There were five in this group instead of two. The experimentalists were getting smarter.

Rose screamed again, one of the Robotics had hold of her ankle and was pulling her down. The other Robotics marched slowly towards Lovely and Raven.

“Raven, we have to run.”

“Not without Rose.”

“Raven.”

“She’s my sister! I can’t let her be caught and tortured!”

“Raven! Just go! I’ll get her!”

“Are you sure?”

Lovely faced the oncoming Robotics; “I’ll die before I leave her here.”

Raven turned away and began running down the corridor. Just as suddenly as he had disappeared, he reappeared at Lovely’s side.

“What-“

He pointed behind him. “I don’t think running’s an option.”

Slowly Lovely turned and saw even more Robotics. “What’s happening?” she screamed at the on coming robots.

“Lovely,” said Raven, “Do you want to fight?”

Lovely’s heart rate had skyrocketed at the sight and she struggled to get it back under control. “Sure,” she said sounding more confident than she felt, “Why not?”

Smiling, she and Raven began to fight the Robotics. The one thing they forgot about was Rose. They never saw her slip quietly away.

You guys might be a little mad about this cliffhanger and I apologize. This is in fact the last chapter of Lovely. There will be an epilogue and a second book- which takes place in my vision of Area 51. I don’t know when I will post it, but it shall be posted. I hope you’ve enjoyed this book and I thank you for reading this far and supporting me.

Love,

Katie!