Chapter 26- Prison in Their Own Minds

Strange title for a Narnia story, I know. But I didn't want to do the one from the book and I couldn't think of a better one. Anyways, sorry for the long wait. Every Saturday has been booked since school started so I do homework on Sunday's and obviously I'm busy throughout the week. But since it's been awhile, this chapter is a bit longer and I was going to combine two chapters but that would've been too long. Instead I now only have one chapter left to write and I've already started it. I'm hoping to have it done and posted by the end of today but no promises.
.........................................................

Everyone rushed to the fruit trees. One by one, we each picked the fruit  we liked the best. But no one moved to taste the fruit. We all just  stared at it with a look of puzzlement on their faces. I didn't know  what the others were thinking. But I knew I was confused as to if I was  allowed to try the the fruit. This place was new to me and I didn't know  the rules. Peter seemed to think that the same.
"It's alright," he  said. "I know what we're all thinking. But I'm sure, quite sure, that we  need not worry. I've got a feeling we're in a country where everything  is allowed."
"Well, here it goes then!" I stated as I took a bite of the fruit. Everyone followed my actions.

The  taste was... indescribable. It was fresher than the freshest  grapefruit, the juiciest orange was dull, the pear that was the most  soft actually would've been hard and woody, and the sweetest strawberry  was actually sour in comparison. There was no other way to describe it.  The fruit was the best fruit that ever existed. I can't describe the  taste any other way than to say any other fruits we would taste like  medicine after it. The only way to truly know the taste is to go there  yourselves.

Once everyone had eaten their fill of the fruit, I turned to peter. "You haven't told us how you got here. Only that you just arrived. You looked like you were going to, right before King Tirian turned up."
"There's  not much to tell," Peter said. "What Lucy said was true. We had just  gotten here when you guys did. Edmund and I were standing on the  platform and we saw your train coming in. I remember thinking that it  was going around the bend to fast. I also remember think how funny it  was that our people were probably on the same train though Lucy didn't  know about it-"
"Your people, High King?" Tirian interrupted, confused as everyone else listen to what Peter said.
"I mean our Father and Mother- Edmund's, Lucy's and mine."
"Why were they? asked Jill, now just as confused as Tirian and myself. "You don't mean to say that they know about Narnia?!"
"Oh  no, it had nothing to do with Narnia. They were on their way to  Bristol. I'd only heard they were going that morning. But Edmund said  they'd most likely be going by that train."
"What happened then?" pressed Jill.
"Well, it's not very easy to describe, is it, Edmund?" Peter said to his brother.
"Not  very," Edmund agreed. "It wasn't at all like that other time when we  were pulled out of our own world by Magic. There was a frightful roar  and something hit me with a bang, but it didn't hurt. And I felt not so  much scared as- well- excited. Oh- and this is the weird thing. I'd had a  rather sore knee, from a hack a rugger. (I didn't know how to change that part...) I noticed it was suddenly gone. And I felt very light. Then we were here..."
"It  was much the same for us in the railway carriage," Professor Kirke  added. "Only I think you and I, Polly, felt like we'd been unstiffened.  You youngsters wouldn't understand. but suddenly, we stopped feeling  old."
"Youngsters, indeed!" Jill agreed. "I don't believe you two are really much older than the rest of us here."
"Well if aren't now, we had been," Lady Polly stated.
"And  nothing happened between the time you got here and we showed up?" I  asked. It had been quite awhile that we were wondering throughout  Narnia.
"Well," Peter looked like he was debating something, "for a  long time- at least I suppose it was a long time but I couldn't really  tell- nothing happened. Then all the sudden, the Door opened-"
"The Door?" Tirian questioned for me.
"Yes," he said. "The Door you came in- or out?- by. Have you forgotten?"
"But where is it?"
"Look," he said while pointing.