Chapter 12- The Queen's Burial

Caspian's Point-Of-View

I had just finished some of my duties. One of which was to make sure no problems had arose in Narnia. Being a King was difficult tasks. There were plans that had to be made, people to take care of, and watching out for the entire Kingdom. Not just the people in it but also the ones who
lived in the woods. Any harm might fall to the Narnia forest, first. Then the castle.

Ana and Rilian had went for a ride to one of her old friend's homes. Someone that I hadn't met and, from what I gathered from Ana, I never would. She didn't want to say it but I believe he had died. I hadn't met anyone like her who had survived more than a thousand years.

Now I was waiting for their return. Ana had told me they wouldn't be gone long, but I was starting to worry. Something, to me, didn't feel right. Something felt off but I didn't know what it was.

Ana always got feelings like these and they were usually right. However, I hadn't had any in the past. This was the first time something felt off to me. I didn't know if I should trust it or not. Maybe I was just worried because I couldn't go with them. I'm sure they were fine.

A trumpet sounded and I knew they had returned. I stood up from the throne and walked towards the castle doors. It would be nice to greet them as they came in. Thundering of hoof beats, as I walked on to the castle grounds, told me they were headed to the stables. Smiling, I walked in that direction.

Before I even reached the stables I froze in my step. Standing there was Rilian and the centaur. In the centaur's arms was a figure with long flowing red hair. It was Ana and she wasn't moving. Rilian looked grim. I immediately ran to the centaur and Rilian's side.

At first I thought Ana might've been alive but as soon as I reached them I knew that wasn't the case. She was lifeless and the color had started to fade from her face. Rilian kept staring at the ground. I took Ana from the centaur's arms and he trotted away deeply saddened.

I wiped a stray piece of her hair from her face. She looked peaceful. Ana had lived the longest life that I knew. Then suddenly her life disappeared. It was gone. Tears came into my eyes but I tried not let them fall.

"She saved me," Rilian said quietly.
"Of course she would. She always would. No matter who you were," I told him.
"The creature was going for me and she knew it before anyone. We could've both lived if I had just fought it instead of standing there."

At this point, Rilian and I were walking towards the castle, Ana in my arms. But I stopped. Rilian couldn't blame himself.

"I wasn't there, but if your mother never took a shot at the creature, there had to be a reason. Do not blame yourself for what happened. It is no one's fault but the one that killed her," I told him.
"That sounds like something she would say," Rilian told me, tears in his eyes.
I smiled and gave a sad chuckle. "Yeah. It did."

Then with that, Rilian started to cry. Not loudly but you could tell what I said meant a lot. That and it was going to hard for him now that she was gone. For both of us. Tears started streaming down my face as I carried Ana into the castle and to her bedchambers. As I laid her on the bed, I looked at her face. She had died peacefully and I could tell that all she cared about when she died was us.
___________________________
Ana's Point-Of-View

Aslan had shown me that by looking through wave, I could see bits and pieces of what was happening. It was my way of looking out for them. Making sure they were okay.

From here, I saw Caspian talk to Rilian. He encouraged him. Then I saw myself being prepared for the burial by Sarah. Aslan would visit them at my burial. It would be the first time Rilian would actually see him. He had only heard about him in stories I told or books he read. However, I had a small feeling that Rilian wouldn't understand.