five

I am in front of the same sarcophagus I've seen in my dream many times before. The golden coffin is coverd with red silk, but its glow is piercing through the thin fabric with some strange energy - evil, but comforting. I can't help approaching it. There is something grand about it but I can't tell what it is. I touch the silk coutiously. The sarcophagus doesn't move. It doesn't open. It is radiating the same energy. I uncover it, throwing the silk to the ground. Then I noticed there isn't any ground -- the fabric keeps on falling underneath my feet into the darkness until I can't see it anymore. I focus on the sarcophagus again. I try to open it, but the panel is too heavy. I pull out my Riptide and stick it between the panel and the chest. The panel flies upwards, but when I bend over the coffin's edge, the energy rises, knocking me away before I can see what's inside. I fall hard on my knees, burning one.

The image changes.

I'm still on my knees, unable to move. I am behind some sort of a pillar, squatting. I hear footsteps. Alongside with footsteps are coming voices of two male persons. I want to run before they walk past me and see me but my legs don't obey. Fortunately enough, they stop but they are close enough so I can hear them.

"I want you to prepare the boy. Tonight, we shall lead him through the faze of initiation" says the first voice.

"What if he's too weak? Master might not..." the second one says, but the first one cuts him off.

"Master chose him for a reason, Artyom, you are nobody to question his decisions!"

"But brother Artemas, I though..." tries Artyom, but Artemas cuts him off again.

"We are not here to think, but to serve! Master may recognize our work if you stick to what I say!"

In that moment, I start falling through the ground, just like that piece of silk. I can't see anything but eternal black.

Sleep tight while you can, daughter of Poseidon, for these might be your precious final chances.

My eyes fly open and I find myself on the plane, sitting next to worried Jared.

"You tossed a lot, I had to" he says. He is holding an emty plastic glass which has trases of water in it. Only then I realize my face is wet. He woke me up by splashing me. Brilliant. That shows perfectly just how desperate he must've been, using water on a water girl.

"Nevermind", I say, still thinking of my dream.

"I'm sorry, I really am. It just seemed like you had had a pretty bad dream" he explains, though he doesn't have to. I'm barely paying attention to what he's saying; I am somewhere between staring into his eyes and analizing the voice I heard at the end of the dream. It was deep, so old it seemed timeless.

"Fay?" Jared calls out, his tone suspicious.

"Yes?"

"What did you dream about?"

There we are. There is absolutely no way I could tell him the truth. Some things I couldn't tell even to Jared, Thalia, Percy or Tyson. I feel horrible for that, but something creepy like this - I don't feel the urge of sharing it with anyone. It also might be insignificant, so why would I want anybody to carry my insignificant frustrations with me, when I can do that alone?

"Nothing", I lie. "I just don't feel great about planes, that's all. My whole system practically feels the Zeus zone". That's a lie too. My brother did do some things that earned some disrespect and even rage of the king of the Gods, so he felt uncomfortable when his feet didnt touch land or water. I however have a perfectly decent relation with any God so the environment doesn't bother me.

Also I'm thinking more and more about Fred. He never came to us on the train. I always explain that with he he doesn't want to be intrusive. I guess the way he sees it, I am first of all his little brother's friend, and we have some sort of gang, and after that I can be his friend. Later I went to find Nevile, and I ran into him between wagons. We just stood outside on a moving train for a couple of minutes, we didn't do anything special, as always. He hugged me, made sure I was okay, asked if needed anything to what I said no, and left me to go wherever it was that I was headed. He was typically nice to me. He didn't say goodbye at Kings Cross either.

Maybe I'm just over thinking. Maybe that's just the way he is around people who just lost someone. I still wish we had spent time time before we were off to nit seeing each other for almost three months, not necessarily the two of us alone.

George and Ginny found me to say farewell even though they are not originally a part of the gang either.

I don't know.

I decide not to think about him anymore. It can only distract me at times that are about to come.

I can't judge by Jared's expression whether he is convinced that I am fine but a very kind flight attendant has just stopped and handed us lunch.

"Bloody hell" says Jared. He looks extremely pissed.

"What is it?" I ask.

"You know when I made that goddamn ticket reservation on the internet?"

"Yes?" I'm worried. Jared is rarely pissed so it is either something grave, or something stupid.

"I forgot to mark I was vegetarian" he says.

I burst out laughing. A few people around me turn to check who the idiot screaming in the economy cabin is.

"It's not funny".

"Yes, it is. You scared me", I say. Then I take the plastic fork, prick his piece of chicken and toss him my salad.

"Problem solved, genius. Simple switch. You know I'd always switch healthy food for more calories".

He fleshes me a smile, of course.