Reunion

~Krystalyn's POV~ 

I crept my way to the door, hoisting the duffel bag higher up on my shoulder. As I reached for the door, someone behind me cleared their throat. I jumped and spun around, throwing the duffel to the floor, and prepared to attack. However, I froze when I saw the person I was faced with - Robin. 

How had I not heard him? I wasn't paying enough attention, that had to be it. But, as I listened closer, I could still hear his heartbeat at a constant rythm, which wasn't normal. 

"Going somewere?" he asked, crossing his arms. 

I licked my lips nervously, looking down. "I don't have to explain myself to you, Robin." 

"Krystalyn, I told you," he said, taking a step towards me. "You don't have to leave. We're your friends, and we'll help you with any problem you have." 

I shook my head, picking my bag back up. "Not with this. The cost would be too great." I started walking towards the door again, but as I reached it, black shadows seemed to cover the entire tower, and everything around me. Raven seemed to materialize out of a wall, and the darkness went away. 

"The door won't be an option," she said. "And you forgot something." My mother's ring materialised in the air in front of me, and I caught it as it fell. "I didn't waste a week of my life so you could throw it away." 

I sighed, but didn't put it on. "You guys don't understand," I whined. "The Fangs are coming after me, and if they find me here, they'll hurt anyone else they see." 

"That's something we're willing to risk, Blondie," Cyborg countered, as he and Beastboy stepped into the kitchen. 

I could still hear the steady beating of five hearts - how were they tricking me like this? And come to think of it... where's Starfire? 

"You're willing to risk the lives of everyone in Jump City?" I snapped, and motioned my arms towards the east. "The Fangs don't care. They're like a gang from the 20's, willing to kill anyone to get what they want." I paused, thinking. "And I know what the 20's were like." 

I saw them hesitate when I said that; they can say whatever they want, but I know that the citizens come first. It's just something that comes with being a hero - they're used to putting themselves in danger, but when it comes to others, I can see how much it worries them. 

And that's how I am. I refuse to let others suffer for me. I had made a lot of friends the past three years, but I never stayed for too long, because I knew this would happen. And I was stupid to think that this time could be any different. 

"We can lead them somewhere else," Robin decided. "We can lead them away from civilization, so no one gets hurt." 

"You'll be bringing them right into their element," I stated. "If we lead them to somewhere remote, it'll be easier for them to attack. Face it - it's impossible." 

"Nothing's impossible," Robin insisted, but I shook my head, stepping away. 

"You can't change my mind, Robin. You can't." And with that, I dashed past Raven in a blink of an eye, and ran outside - only to run into Starfire. 

Turns out, her alien strength matches that of a vampire. She locked my wrists together behind my back, apologizing repeatedly. "Please forgive me, friend, but you must stay," she rushed. 

I struggled, trying to get away - maybe aliens were stronger than vampires. Great. I slowly stopped struggling, but her grip didn't loosen. Soon, the rest of the Titans came out of the tower, and didn't seem surprised at all that Starfire had caught me. 

"Told you we could get her to stay," Robin smirked. 

"Was force really necessary?" I asked, my accent coming out thicker than usual. 

"Yes," Raven stated, raising her eyebrow. "How else are we supposed to get you to listen?" 

I huffed, and went limp in Star's grip. "Well, you have my attention now."