Chapter 6

Chapter 6

For the first time, all others in the room acknowledged us. They nodded respectfully in our direction and walked out, leaving us five alone. Just as we had sort of ignored the other two, they were looking everywhere except at us. I could tell that it wasn’t out of spite, though. The whole situation was stranger than any one of us were probably used to.

 The girl finally seemed to notice us and her eyes trained on me and my brothers. When she came up to us, I realized how beautiful she was and was instantly jealous. Her tall, slim figure, perfect blonde hair and bright blue eyes would explain why Aaron was gaping at her as if she was from a different planet. Actually, not from a different planet. Just on one.

 “Hi! I’m Cassidy Green,” she said, extending her hand to none of us in particular. She looked a little weirded out by it all, but she was smiling. Kevin wasn’t really paying attention and Aaron seemed at a loss for words, so I shook it.

“Hi. I’m Katelyn Andrews. You can call me Kate. These are my brothers Kevin and Aaron,” I said, gesturing to the other two. Aaron finally found his voice and replied. Kevin, too, realized what was going on and introduced himself in what he probably thought was a professional way.

Cassidy indicated the boy who was just getting up from the couch and said, “That's my brother Seth.”

He walked over, looking around him. 

Thankfully, he didn't notice me staring. He looked around 16, as old as me. He was tall and lean with thick, dark brown hair. His face was ruggedly handsome and his deep blue eyes probably made girls go crazy. He also wore a scowl and looked nowhere near as friendly as his sister was. 

Looking at him made me infinitely glad that my braces had been removed last year.

Seeing him and Cassidy standing together, you wouldn't have been able to tell that they were related in any way, except for their eyes. He had gorgeous eyes, that were almost exactly like Cassidy's.

I heard a door bang and it brought me back to reality, and I realized, embarassed, that everyone was staring at me, staring at Seth. Kevin was looking back and forth with a confused look on his face, Cassidy looked knowing and Aaron had a teasing, questioning expression. He gave a fake cough and introduced himself.

After the two shook hands, Seth said, mainly addressing Aaron, "Is it just me or does this place look strangely familiar?"

"It's just you," I blurted. His eyes snapped toward me. "Uh, hi. I'm Kate."

He raised an eyebrow, said, "Hey", and then turned to Kevin.

Out of nowhere, a 7 feet tall dude with leathery red skin and glowing green eyes walked in. I assumed he was a Hologon like Binstrome. Cassidy and Seth recoiled slightly at the sight of him, but were nice enough not to make their shock too obvious (I just felt that he was male). I guess they hadn't seen what Binstrome truly looked like.

"Mr. Boroda and Mr. Crobis will see you now. Look alive." he said and nodded towards the door.

His tone made me want to straighten up and prove that I was 'worthy' to be in the presence of Boroda and Crobis. Aaron gestured to the door. Impulsively, all five of us took a deep breath and stepped through the open door.

I didn't know what to expect walking into the room. It was large and circular with a huge writing desk at one end. It's walls were covered with all sorts of paintings. And standing in the middle of the room was....Gandalf?

'Gandalf' didn't notice us and bent down to pick up something. His beard fell off. Wait...what? Rising up, he saw us staring up at him and sighed. He pulled off the wig off his head, revealing his real brown hair and spoke in a deep, reassuring and rather wise-sounding voice. He had a sort of British accent, very different from Binstrome's.