Chapter 4

Chapter 4

At first, Binstrome tried to ignore us, but we continued to bombard him with questions until he had no choice but to acknowledge us. He sighed, pushed some buttons (probably putting the bus on autopilot or something) and came and sat down across from us.

“I can see that you plan on being difficult. Very well. I shall answer as many as I can. You will not pester me with the ones that I cannot. Now begin, one at a time,” he said.

“I’ll go first,” Aaron volunteered. I glared at him since that’s what I was going to say. He just gave me one of those ‘I’m older’ looks and continued.

“Why did you choose us specifically for this so-called ‘mission’” he asked.

“First of all, I didn’t choose you,” Binstrome answered, “The decision was made by Crobis and Boroda. All I know is that they were drawn to you especially because this girl here had a desire to go an adventure. I assume this mission comes under that category.”

Kevin and Aaron’s heads turned towards me, staring with their eyebrows arched. Great! Now it was officially my fault. How was I supposed to know that it would be taken seriously!

Eager to change the subject, I continued with the next question, “How are we going to get to another planet by bus?”

“That I do know,” Binstrome answered. “We’re travelling at speeds that can’t be measured by human units. Also, I found a bus much more comfortable than a car or a plane and easier to drive, too.”

“Why don’t you just leave it on auto-pilot the whole time?”

“What’s the point of living if everything is done for you? It would be easier, but not nearly as satisfying,” he said matter-of-factly.

“I’m surprised you haven’t invented a transporter yet.”

“It worked perfectly, but failed.”

“That clears it up.”

“Willy Wonka had the right idea when he tried to transport a chocolate bar to the television set. Anything you try to transport turns into tiny particles and becomes drastically small.”

“But that’s in a book!”

“You enjoy writing, do you not? If you survive this and make it back to your pitiful planet, tell me that you won’t write books about your experience.”

That left me speechless. Of course I would.

“So are all books based on real incidents?” I asked curiously.

“Some are. Regardless, they require great talent and skill.”

“Oh.”

“Next,” Aaron continued, “tell us about your planet. We’ve already seen what you really look like. Are all others on your planet the same?”

“Our planet has many species. The first and the greatest were the Glories. Boroda is the only one still alive. Well, semi-alive, anyway. Because of this, he is in charge. He is kind of like the owner in a company. After their time, came the Wardors, to which Crobis belongs. He’s like the CEO. He has 4 other brothers, though they are not as smart as him, they are physically stronger. They have been captured by Zephigon too. My kind are called the Hologons. We carry out the plans made by Boroda and Crobis. You could say that we are the Heads of our departments. I got a higher post in security after the previous guy was fired for letting Zephigon escape. After us, came the X-humans. They came into existence a few billon years ago. They created…”