Chapter 8

Wow...I can't believe I'm at chapter 8, already! I just want to say thank you to everybody who read this story, and actually voted and/or commented! Thank you so much! I hope you all like this chapter! Thanks for reading :)

Chapter 8

The Hologons had burst into the room, and every one else had dropped to the ground, with their hands in the air.  Everyone except Boroda, that is. Him dropping to the floor would have been really strange, anyway. These three were bigger, and ten times more scary looking than Binstrome. They were rather colorful, with their orange, green, pink and blue skin, but the snarling expression they all wore, their height of about 9 feet, they hardly looked bright. I was just glad that they didn't have any weapons on them. I registered someone shouting my name, and realized that it was Aaron shouting at me to get down like the rest of them.

The rather ugly Hologon in front of me growled,"Listen to him, puny X-human."

Slowly raising my hands and sinking to the ground, I started to say,"I'm not a -", but before I could get that sentence out, I caught Boroda's eye and he gave a little shake of his head. I thought back to how he had mentioned that we were the planet's secret weapons against Zephigon, and managed to keep my mouth shut.

A second later, the door, which had been locked by the smallest Hologon (probably the apprentice, or something) burst open once again. And again, it was a group of Hologons, but Binstrome was leading them, brandishing guns.

Seeing him, a ball of fear that I didn't even know was there, melted inside me. That's when the action started.

The six of us jumped up (well, Crobis was a little slower), ready to join in, but Bistrome shouted,"Stay down!"

Of course, we didn't listen. Aaron ran up to the nearest one, and dug his elbow into the pink one's back. The pink one was the smallest and as he bent down from the impact, someone from Binstrome's team shot him down. The bullet passed staright through, splattering the carpeted floor with red muck, much thicker than human blood but luckily, Aaron had already rolled off to the side.

Cassidy was helping Bistrome stop the third Hologon from slamming a chair against Boroda's head, who was swearing right alongside Binstrome, though I suspect that was for two very different reasons.

The orange-skinned Hologon was the one in front of me, so I slammed my shoulder into his back, taking a leaf from Aaron's book. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Seth trip the green-skinned Hologon and kick him in the stomach, hard. As this guy was much bigger, Aaron ran up to help, pinning the Hologon's hands back, while shouting something I couldn't comprehend. A second later, I realized he was shouting at Binstrome's teammate to lower his gun.

'Why, though?' I thought. Now, I could see why. Kevin was standing right behind the green guy, and I knew that if he shot, the bullet would pass through the Hologon, but it would kill Kevin, too.

"KEVIN! MOVE AWA-" I shouted as loud as I could, but the Hologon I had slammed into was over his shock, and he swung around, threw me up to the wall. My right shoulder was aching with the impact, but I supposed that getting hit again would hurt a whole lot more. Scrambling to my feet, I turned to see if Kevin was okay, because I had heard a gun go off. 

Also, I heard someone bellow,"Kate, get out of -" and saw something come in front of me, as I dove to the left  and rolled, slamming my head on the edge of the table, I heard a gunshot go off, a strangled cry, and a crash. My head was spinning, and I could no longer make out what was going on. So much for being a hero.

When my eyes fluttered open (I must have passed out), I saw a Hologon bigger than the rest, dragging the orange skinned fella out of the room. As soon as the brush passed over some, it vanished. Pulling myself into a sitting postion that was more dignified than lying helpless on the ground, I noticed Binstrome picking up one of the mini-canons and examining it with a kind of horrified curiosity. Reaching up to the outstretched hand in front of me, I stood up. A second later, I realized that it was Crobis. Great. I was less helpful than someone at least 6 times my age. 

I know this is kind of short, but...Thanks for reading! Please drop by a vote or a comment. You have no idea how much one means to me. Thank you :)