CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: THE DESTITUTION (PART ONE)

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

After that night out, it was everyday after Jeonghan has left for work that Chanyeol would appear to ask Seunghee out or just simply talk to her about things. At first he was with Sehun, but after a few days, he was alone coming to her, like a guy pursuing a girl would do. It made Seunghee uncomfortable. She was friendly with him just because he was Sehun's friend but it was getting a bit out of hand. She complained to Jeonghan about it that night on the phone.

"He's always there right after you leave. I don't even have the time to run away from him."

"I'll talk to him tomorrow. He can't harass you this way. Just what is he up to?"

"No, don't. I'm okay. I'll tell him myself. I can handle this. You don't have to talk to him okay? Let's not sort to drastic actions. It's just that I don't always have the time to entertain him. It's okay Jeonghan. I'll talk to him tomorrow."

"Are you sure? If he doesn't stop, I'll confront him."

"It's okay. I don't think he means any harm."

"Just he make sure that I don't see him these days."

"Calm down okay? It was just me complaining. You don't have to overreact."

"I'm not overreacting. Who lets his girl be wooed by another guy?"

"He's not wooing me! Alright, we don't have to talk about him. I'll take care of him okay? Just you concentrate on your work okay?"

"Just tell me if something happens. Alright, I'll hang up now, bye."

"Bye."

Maybe it was a bad idea to tell him, she thought. It was Sehun's idea she was sure. She just didn't have enough proof. But Jeonghan was angry. She was worried he might come into a conflict with Chanyeol the moment they see each other. She didn't want that. And besides, Chanyeol was just being bothersome, it wasn't a big deal. She could easily tell him off. But amidst all of it, she felt kinda tingly, it wasn't everyday that Jeonghan would feel angry over some guy because of her. Though she brushed it off quickly. It wasn't the issue she had to focus on.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

At the SME building, trainees were working their hardest for the nearing selection process. A new group was to debut for the coming year. And Sehun and Chanyeol were amongst the hopefuls that year.

Sitting at a corner of the practice room after a long tiring day, Sehun and Chanyeol rested.

"What's that hyung?" Sehun asked as he saw Chanyeol gulped a tablet of medicine.

"Oh, nothing. Just a vitamin."

"Okay. Hey, I'll be luring Jeonghan to the party tonight. You can take Seunghee out or something."

But even under the pressured circumstances, Sehun still had the time to plot things like these.

"What party?"

"The acquaintance of the newbies. I heard there are nice ones. I'll set him up there."

"You don't need backup?"

"Don't worry, Kai's there. I'll have all the backup I need."

"Well then, good luck."

"Good luck to you hyung."

Then they high-fived with a bit of hand play. It was the decisive night. They were going all out.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^