**Chapter 18** I Do

Sadly, the bus ride ended too soon. Way too soon! Although it was the best one I had ever had, still no girlfriend and boyfriend deal. Matt had got up when the bus stopped and let me go first. Aw! What a gentleman! Good so far, except for the officialness. Maybe I was being too needy or asking for too much. But wasn't it a girl's right to know if the guy that just had his arm around her was her boyfriend? Ugh! Relationship stuff sucked in high school, and I wasn't even in one... maybe. Oh, who knew! When I reached the pavement and was out of the bus, I didn't know if I should wait for him or what. So I pulled out my phone and was pretending to text. Thankfully, I made the right move. He came up right beside me and whispered in my ear.

"Who ya texting? I sure hope it's me!"

Dang! He was smooth! He gave my body a chill. As far as I knew he had only had two girlfriends, Jessica and Nelly. On the other hand, they were both kind of sluts. I couldn't blame him though. They both seemed nice, but only some people knew the way they truly acted. It was weird how it just came so natural for him and so suddenly too. He was coming on pretty strong. It just made me hope that him and his former girlfriends hadn't done anything!

"If you're lucky, we'll see." I said, trying to flirt. I hoped I hadn't bombed!

"Mmmm. Well, I'll be sure to be a good boy then."

Double Dang! He was so sexy!! I'm glad he was my boyf-.... Wait. He wasn't my boyfriend. I would try to hint and see if he would catch on.

"I don't see why! It's not like we're each other's boyfriend and girlfriend." I smiled viscously at him.

"I see your point there. Lemme think about it." He put his hand up to his chin and pretended to think for a few brief seconds.

"Okay! I thought about it. Now we are each other's girlfriend and boyfriend, but I call being the boy."

"Hmm. Were you planning on asking me or just declaring it?"

"Oh yeah. I knew I forgot something." he started to laugh, letting our little game show through.

"Michelle Godwin, do thou take thee to... Wait. Something's off."

"Oh really??" I asked starting to giggle.

"Yes. Yes. Shouldn't I be down on one knee?"

"Nah, I think you're good. Wouldn't want to draw too much attention to ourselves."

"Oh. Then, I must do it!" he said, getting down, "Now, back to what I was saying. Michelle Godwin, do you take thee to be your loftly declared boyfriend?"

"I do. Now, get up!!" I said quietly through my teeth.

Putting his hand to his ear, he said, "I'm sorry, dear. You're not speaking very loud."

"Yes! I do! Now, honey, please for the love of God get up off your knee!"

"Uh..well... I guess I can do that. Only for you though!"

He got up and brushed off his pants. That little game had been fun. I wouldn't think I would forget it any time soon. I was just glad he had been the last one off the bus!! Whew! What a relief! My vanilla! My man! What a guy!