**Chapter 3** She's Mean, She's Green, She's Brittany!

As soon as the bus stopped, I got up on my feet. I took in a breath and closed my eyes and said a quick prayer. What could it hurt! I mean it's not like one of those things where you say I hope everything works out then knock on wood! Mine was one of those things where the day was already as bad it could have gotten so far, so why would I have needed wood!

I waited on Miranda to get out of her seat first. Then I was going to walk behind her but no. Undoubtedly, that didn't even work out as planned! That Brittany girl pushed right by me to get to Miranda. Actually, she wasn't going to talk to Miranda at all! Since Brittany opened the door for pushing by me, everyone else did too. I was the last one off the bus. Thankfully, I could see through the windows that Miranda was waiting for me. I could see that Brittany was just standing behind her, kind of creepily. They weren't talking or anything.

When I got off the bus, eventually, Miranda came up beside me.  

"Hey, what's up? What took you so long getting off the bus? For a second, I thought you ditched me!" It had felt good to hear some reassurance that we were still good friends. I would have hated to lose her as a friend or just someone to talk to when I had troubles.

"Nah, it's just that Brittany girl and some others...well.. I went ahead and let them go ahead of me. Ya know, trying to get some friends. It can't hurt." I had lied. I didn't want to make her friend sound bad. It wouldn't have helped me to keep a friend.

"Yeah, true dat! I'm glad you're kind of breaching out.... Last year, you were kind of quiet."

She meant branching, but who was I to correct her? I didn't even really hear the rest of what she was saying. I was just letting my head go free with all it's thoughts of how that year would be. Would I get a ton of friends like I always thought I would have? Would I throw a party like I always wanted and had always had the house and potential to do? My day dream was suddenly interrupted by a small scream. I looked at Miranda. The expression on her face was horrendous! She was panicking! It was her who had screamed. She hurriedly crossed her arms around her chest. It took me a moment to figure out what all had happened.

"Hope that teaches you a lesson!"

I looked behind me and Miranda. It was Brittanywith a smug grin upon her face. She had planned it out in her head. She had rushed past me to get to Miranda. She would wait until Miranda didn't expect anything. That's when she would come up behind her and put her hand up Miranda's shirt and undo her bra. She would reach into both her tank sleeves and yank her straps down. This leaving Miranda shocked and uncomfortable. Miranda's bra was what kept people from seeing through her silver tank. It was now under her boobs, revealing the most you could see through a next-to-see-through top. Thank goodness, Miranda was quick enough to cross her arms. Still, she was having to bere the humiliation of all the kids' eyes on her. I grabbed her arm.

"Let's get out of here."

"Hold on." Brittany said, getting in front of us.  

"Where the hell do you think you guys are going?" she said still wearing the grin and dragging me into the matter.

"The hell away from you!" I said, getting in her face. I knew I shouldn't curse, but this girl needed to learn her boundaries, and if she didn't soon, she was about to! Miranda just stared at me, mouth partially opened.

"Oh no, she's not! That little slut needs to learn her lesson for acting that way towards me!" Brittany said to me but pointed at Miranda.

"That little slut? You're the one making bets to see if you can get laid! Like any guy wants to sleep with a dog!"

She looked genuinely shocked. She had no idea what to say in response. Her smug grin began to fade into a slight frown, but she was too smart and clever at those kind of things to let it show through her words. She looked around a little bit, and I did too. People were starting to stare at us and not Miranda any more. I leaned over toward Miranda, and through my teeth, I told her to go to the bathroom and fix herself. She nodded with uncertainty and slowly walked off, looking back every few seconds, arms still crossed.

"You, whore!" Brittany whispered. "That little bitch told you!"

"She's not a bitch!" I said through gritted teeth. "And you need to back off!"

"Oh, and how isn't she?"

"She didn't spill your bet!"

"Oh yeah? Then how do you know about it?!" She was processing.

"Your big mouth!" I kinda laughed.

She gasped and anger became her face. She threw down her one-strap book bag. You could tell that there was hardly anything in there by the way it deflated when it hit the grass.

"What? Are you wanting to fight or something?" I said, trying to show her what a pointless thing that would be. I laughed at the thought.

"There's no something. I want to kick your scrawny little ass!" she said

"Well want and do are two completely different things." I was trying to let her know that there was no way I was going to fight her. I think I totally screwed that idea up!

"Oh, you bitch!" She started to walk up to me, intensely and threateningly. She walked three steps and was up to my face. She leaned in, and I don't know why, but I didn't move. Her hand brushed my hair out of my face, while I was fixated on her green eyes (green, just like her name), as her hand moved down the back of my head and down to my neck, pressing my hair tightly up against my skin. She began to pull me closer. She put her head beside my ear. I swallowed because I was beginning to feel nervous. That freak could bite my ear or something! Who knew!

She whispered, "I'm going to get you... and your little bitch too!"