**Chapter 5** Walk The Walk

"Whew!" I let out a breath of relief as soon as Mrs. Burbick's door shut.

"No, not yet. This show ain't over." she said calmly.

"Huh?"

She grabbed my hand.

"What are you doing???!!"

"Listen, I don't like it any more than you do! TRUST me!! But unless you want a detention or suspension, you better know your way around trouble. Like look to your left right now. That's Mr. Bradley. He's the dean. Everything he sees goes right back to Burbick....more like Burbitch! Any way, we gotta act like a lezbo couple walking out of the office. You don't think that a lesbian couple would hold hands?"

"Oh...ok I get what you're saying. We gotta play this out."

"Yeah just until we get back outside. Then we can be as far apart as we want!"

"Alright. Deal."

We started to walk. Awkwardly, but a walk's a walk. We did the fingers-entwined kind of hand-holding, like actual couples do. I started to think what if this is the only hand-holding I'll ever do. Ugh! I needed a boyfriend! There was a guy walking down one of the halls. He had brown, next-to-black, hair. He was wearing a sports shirt with basketball shorts on. His shoes were blue tennis shoes. I couldn't see all the details. He was all sweaty though. He stopped for a drink at the fountain. He was so tall! Probably around 6'5". His muscles seemed to stick to his sweaty shirt. And then, all of a sudden, I hear...

"No... definitely not!"

"Huh? Brittany, who are you talking to?"

"You! And you can't have him. He's dating my friend."

"Who's your friend?"

"None of your business!! They've been dating for 7 months so forget about it!"

"Oh..okay. Hey! Who said I was even thinking about dating him!"

"You just did..."

"Oh... "

Damn! She's good!