Thorpe Hall-The Thorpe Family Saga (Book One)

Prologue: Dublin, Ireland; 1813

Emily Thorpe glided down the long, brightly-lit hallway.

     She had short, brown colored hair, brown colored eyes, and petite.

     She wore a red colored, high-necked dress. Her sleeves were also high. Her hair were short. And curly. Emily was wearing a white colored chemise underneath her dress. And a red colored corset. And a white colored petticoat over it. She grabbed a mantelet and covered herself, and walked in  a brown colored shoes. On her small hands, she wore silk colored gloves, so that she could look elegant for a young, Irish Lady of Thorpe Hall, so that she could attract male suitors when she came of age at aged 18.

~~~~

"M'Lady, are you alright?", Gilles, the servant-butler, asked.

      "Aye", Emily answered.

      "Tea is ready", Gilles said. He wore a black colored hat. He had brown colored eyes, and tall. He was wearing a black colored coat, a white colored linen shirt, brown colored breeches, and black colored boots on his feet.

      And mutton chopped sideburns at the sides of his face.

       "Where's Mother?", Emily asked.

       "She's attending guests in the Hall M'Lady", Gilles answered.

       "Aye, I don't believe I'm allowed to go to the dance, Gilles; I'm 13", Emily said.

       "You're a member of the Hall Family M'Lady; you're part of us". Gilles kissed her gently on her right, gloved hand, smiled, then he bowed...

        ...And opened the large, brown colored Irish double doors that led to Lady Emily's private chambers...and left the young woman alone so that she could dwell upon her own future at Thorpe Hall.

~~~~

Page 1