A Story About A Boy And A Girl, A Very Different Version That You've Ever Heard

'Kellin... Kellin... Kellin!' I felt someone shaking me out of my deep sleep. I opened my bleary eyes, blinking furiously to clear them. Colours danced in front of my eyes, shapes forming grudgingly. There was a tinged-pink oval shape framed by yellow in my vision. There was also a smudge of red that was moving and two blue orbs. Everything settled and I saw a very annoyed Evie, yet again shouting at me.

'Get up! It's today! Today's the day!' My heart started thudding faster.

'What?' I whispered, my voice hoarse. In response, Evie picked up her calendar. There, circled many times in a red marker and followed by a row of crosses to signify the past days, was today's date. I fainted.

A splash of something cold landed on my face. I felt it trickle down my cheek. I sat up and blinked away the spots, my mouth tasting funny. Evie stood above me, an empty glass in her hand. An eyebrow was raised, and she asked,

'Are you sure getting married is a good idea?'

I nodded. 'Of course!' I got up out of bed, spreading the remaining water droplets around my face.

I was at Evie's house. Vic had gotten home a few days ago and had checked over the remaining decisions for the wedding with me. Vivian and Evie had gone shopping yesterday, getting everything ready. Evie had then dragged me to her house, while Vivian stayed at mine. I didn't really mind; Evie and I had been sleeping at each other's houses almost every night Vic was away.

She was dead set on helping me with wedding preparations, and a lot of late nights had ensued. On the fourth night of staying at my place, she had packed a bag and dumped it in the spare room, where a blow up mattress had been constructed. A few nights later, and she had migrated to my room. It had become a room mate sort of situation - she helped out with grocery shopping, helped clean the house, we took turns cooking meals, carpooled for work. I was going to miss her company over the next month. She and Vivian had taken care of Vic and I's honeymoon, so we didn't know where they were sending us.

Click... click... click. Evie's fingers were snapped in front of my face, followed by her voice.

'Kellin!' She sounded exasperated. I would be too, imagine trying to get me ready on my wedding day! That's exhausting! Evie pulled out a notepad from her bag which was sitting on the end of the bed. She fished around for a pen and flipped the notepad open.

'Okay, first up, breakfast and shower! Hurry! We're late!' Evie tutted at me jokingly.

'Evie, how are we late? It's not even morning yet.' I complained, standing up and stumbling over my feet. It was true; out light source was the bedroom light, there wasn't even a hint of light peeking out from behind the curtains.

'Shut up and shower.' Evie pushed me to the bathroom, throwing a towel in after me. I showered quickly, drying off and wrapping the towel around my waist. Evie was sitting on her bed outside the bathroom, inspecting her nails.

'Put these on, sweetie.' She said, gesturing to the clothes beside her. She stood up and went into the bathroom herself; I heard the shower start and I started to put my clothes on. A white button down, black dress pants and a black bow tie. I ignored the bow tie; I had absolutely no idea how to put it on. I went out to the kitchen and made coffee and toast. Evie walked out as I finished my meal. She only had on her underwear and a short nightie.

'Come on.' She grabbed my hand and dragged me back to the bathroom. Her hair was dripping wet, making the floor slippery. I slid, and she chastised me.

'Why didn't you put shoes on for God's sake? And your tie!' She stalked back out of the bathroom. She returned shortly, my bow tie in her hands and a rectangle-shape sticking out of her chest. She put the bow tie around my neck and pulled it tight, before making it loose again. She pulled her phone out of her bra and looked at it before casually replacing it.