You Can't Buy Class

Vic (because it's been ages since I've changed POV)

I watched Kellin walk out of the room, discussing what to eat for breakfast. He was talking to himself though, because I was still shocked by his answer. Did he really feel that way? I shook my head and padded out of the room after Kellin. I could think about that later. I turned the corner and Kellin was shuffling around on the tiles, walking from the pantry to the counter and back again.

'Flour... Flour... Flour... No! I need... Vanilla essence. Yup that's it...' He muttered to himself, tapping surfaces as he went. I stood there for a few seconds before he noticed me.

'You! Get out a mixing bowl and a spoon.' He ordered, pointing at the different cupboards.

'Of course, honey.' I said, smiling sweetly. I chucked some flour and vanilla essence in the bowl and started mixing.

'You idiot.' Kellin said, appearing over my shoulder. He bumped his hip with mine, nudging me out of the way, and cracked an egg into the bowl, following it with milk and sugar. He shuffled off again, saying,

'Now mix.' I did as he said, the simple motion giving my mind space to wander. But I kept on returning to the same thought: Where do we go from here? 

Kellin came back and poured more milk into the bowl, and left me again. He started fussing with the stove, grabbing a fry pan and butter and heating it up.

'Hey, Vic, that's enough mixing.' He said, looking over my shoulder. He took the bowl and I went to the pantry to get out all the toppings. Chocolate sauce and honey. It wasn't very healthy, but we were having pancakes. We may as well go all out. I rummaged in the freezer for vanilla ice cream and pulled it out, finding a spoon and digging into the stuff. Kellin flipped a few pancakes out of the pan and I  drizzled the honey over them, placing a few scoops of ice cream on top and squirting an ample amount of chocolate sauce on it. I repeated the process with my own and Kellin turned off the stove, standing at the bench and eating his breakfast. He wolfed them down, barely pausing for breath between bites.

'This is delicious!' He exclaimed when he was done. He had a trickle of chocolate sauce at the corner of his mouth. I reached over and wiped it off, offering him my now chocolate-coated finger. He licked it off, grinned at me and returned to making pancakes. I finished my own a bit slower than him, taking my time with the scrumptious food. 

Kellin made another few pancakes and I repeated the toppings. Kellin ate slower this time, obviously becoming more full. 

'So, what's on the agenda for today?' Kellin asked, swallowing his final piece of pancake. I shrugged in answer and got up, clearing the plates and dumping them in the sink, along with the fry pan and mixing bowl. I turned on the tap and let the water run into the sink, adding the detergent to make it soapy. Kellin started making coffee while I tested the water to see if it was hot enough.

'I don't know what to do today Kellin. Do you want to try and find some jobs to interview for? Even if its just part time?' I asked, referring to last night's conversation.

'That's probably a good idea.'

'So, to the shops?' I looked over at Kellin, who was pouring out the water. He nodded at me, stirring in the sugar and milk. I washed the dishes and left them to dry, before starting on my coffee. Kellin had wandered into the bathroom to take a shower, I could hear the water streaming through the plumbing.

I heard the water shut off, and Kellin walk to the bedroom. I chugged the rest of my coffee and had a quick shower myself.

I put the shampoo through my hair and as I stood under the water to rinse it all out looked at my reflection in the bubbles piled in my hands. I looked so silly. I washed off the soap and conditioned my hair, then soaping my body and jumping out. I looked around for a towel, and to my dismay there was none. It was freezing now that I was out of the warm water.

'Kellin!' I called, grabbing my toothbrush and toothpaste. Kellin opened the door and steam flew out of the room

'Vic, why is it so hot in here?' Kellin asked. I couldn't resist, so I replied back with,

'Because you're in my presence.' Kellin snorted.

'What did you need?'

'A towel.' I started brushing my teeth while Kellin went and retrieved the piece of fabric. He returned and brushed his teeth as I dried myself off. He was wearing an old anthem shirt and a pair of jeans.  He look presentable, aside from the fact that his hair was dripping water and scraggly. I walked out of the bathroom and yanked on a clean pair of jeans and a white button-down with multi-coloured leopard spots over it. I towel-dried my hair, hurridly untangling it with a brush, before slipping on a pair of Vans and rushing out to the kitchen. 

Kellin sat at his laptop, searching for a job.

'Found any?' I asked, grabbing a beanie off the cluttered coffee table. I shoved it on my head and Kellin nodded.

'There's a few spots open at the shops.'

'Well then, let's go.' I said, smiling and looping my arm with Kellin's.

(Aaaaaand back to) Kellin

I walked through the familiar entrance of the store, the neon yellow lights giving way to a brighter environment. I looked around in bliss. CD's cluttered every available surface and DVD's were piled high. I walked up to the front desk, dodging Apple products and headphones. A sales assistant wearing a black shirt with the logo emblazoned on her chest turned around from the televisions she was watching. Her blonde hair was pulled back into a ponytail, and her lobes were pierced twice. She smiled up at me,

'How may I help you?' She asked. Her name tag hung above the logo, it read:

Evie

'Hi Evie. Uh, I called about the job opening?' I said, introducing myself, then Vic.

'Uh, yeah. Sure. I'll just get Max.' Evie smiled and walked off, presumably to get her boss. Vic had wandered off to the CD racks, and he returned, trying to hide a mischievous grin. I raised an eyebrow at him and he produced a few CD's from behind his back. Both of our band's full discography. I smiled at him and took a photo, uploading it to twitter.

"@piercethevic finding all our old tunes!" I captioned it. 

Evie came back a few minutes later, Max trailing behind her. Evie immediately started serving customers, leaving the introductions yet again to Vic and I. Vic shrugged and made an encouraging noise before wandering off again, leaving me to my own devices.

~  ~  ~

Vic started the car. He was still waiting for my verdict.

'So, what did Max say? Did you get the job?' He asked. I pulled a JB Hi-Fi shirt out of my bag as way of an answer. Vic grinned at me and I pulled out my name tag and pinned it on my shirt.

'When do you start working?' He asked excitedly.

'Monday, ten to five.' I replied. 'I'm working 35 hours a week, so it's not too bad.'

Vic drove home, babbling on about what we could do now that we both had an income. We came to a conclusion that we would go on a holiday at the end of Vic's touring, which would be in about six months. He had a tour coming up in two, then a few weeks break and back at it again.

'So, I got you something.' I said when we pulled into the driveway. I pulled my final purchase out of my bag.

It was Sleeping With Siren's new CD. It had been released a few weeks ago and Vic loved their sound.

'Thanks, Kellin.' Vic said, embracing me.

A/N

What a bad ending... I mean, seriously?.... -.- that's what you get when the author has writer's block I guess. Also, do you have JB Hi-Fi in America? I was talking to my mum and she said that you don't.... I was just wondering.

Title cred: Those In Glass Houses - OM&M

Oh, and I'm seeing Tonight Alive in twenty seven days... YAY! First big concert! (I saw a local band in a backyard about a month ago. Really good, I recommend them. Called Jobstoppers. Check out "West On Albatross")