I'll Bite The Bullet Just To Save Myself

~one month later~

The house is empty. There are dents on the carpet where the furniture was. Light spots on the walls where pictures were hung. I sip a coffee at the bench, a box next to me. I had to leave. I couldn't stay here. I got in touch with Gabe. They can't wait to catch up with me. They're playing a show in Phoenix tomorrow and I was going to meet up with them.

I got on the road, eager to leave behind my old memories. Vic had run to Jaime. Surprise, surprise. My heart had shattered into seven thousand pieces the day they had announced that Pierce the Veil were going on a "spontaneous" regroup tour around America.

They had managed to rope Mike into doing the tour and had found Tony and convinced him to rejoin. He had assisted Of Mice and Men for the last few years - Pierce the Veil had split due to the absence of their lead singer. Speaking of Of Mice and Men, they were touring with Sleeping with Sirens and All Time Low at the moment.

I rolled down the window and let the wind whip my hair around. I plugged in my iPhone to charge and flicked on my music. First song on shuffle was "To Hell and Back" by blessthefall. Beau's screams fill the car. The electric guitars whine on, and Beau starts singing.

"I'm leaving the same way I came in,

Looking forward but I can't see straight,

It's just I know where I'm going,

It's just like me to fool myself," He breaks off and screams the next line.

"I'm right here bitch!"

I join in, his high pitched voice matching mine perfectly. I don't do any screaming though. Jesse was always the screamer in Sleeping With Sirens. I start thinking about my old band. God, I miss those lunatics. I smile, thinking of Jesse's red hair. How Gabe and I teased each other to no end. Justin and his shark tattoo. Jack and how we teased him about being pale.

My eyelids flicked over my eyeballs and I was jolted back to the real world with two headlights careening towards my car. I screamed, my heart thudding. I slammed on the brakes and wrenched on the wheel. A sickening crunch sounded through the twilight.

Vic

Maybe this is a mistake. Reforming Pierce the Veil. I sighed and tapped on the wheel. I turned on the indicator and turned neatly into the next lane. Tony and Mike were catching up in the lounge area of the bus.

Mike had continued his side project Mikeywhiskeyhands! and had released a self-titled album. He had done some drumming to go with a few of Jaime's pre-recorded beats and I had volunteered some vocals for him. Otherwise he had just messed around with some music programs to make the beats himself. Tony was currently telling him about Alan and Austin's extravagant wedding and the proposal. I chuckled to myself as Mike sighed over the details. Jaime was sleeping. I could hear his snores over Tony and Mike's collective aww's as Tony described the way that Austin had proposed.

I switched lanes again, just for the fun of it. Driving at night is so boring. You can never see anything that's going on. I love touring, but the driving always got to me. It was therapeutic during the days when the sun beat down on the bus relentlessly because the air conditioner was pointed straight at your face the entire ride. And no one was near you, so there was never any additional or unnecessary body heat disturbing the cooler environment. I flicked on the radio, turning it down low. blessthefall was on. Wait, no. That wasn't right. I could hear Kellin singing along. Suddenly, there was a loud crash. Startled, I swerved the bus, careening into the service lane. I slammed the brakes and jumped out to see what had happened. My mouth dropped as I saw a familiar car.

Kellin

I was spinning out of control. Around and around. Bright lights streaked in front of my eyes and screams filled the air. I was jerking on the wheel, trying to right the car. Through all the panic, a small voice in my head told me to take my foot off the accelerator. I did, and the car shuddered to a halt. I got out, shaky and scared but otherwise unharmed, and surveyed the damage. The other car had clipped the rear of mine. We had both been driving fast enough to cause me to spin out of control, and they had scraped the front left side of their car. They had squealed to a stop a few meters away. A bus had stopped about half a kilometer up the road and its occupants were jumping out. I went up to the guy who's car I had damaged.

'Sorry, man. How much do you think it'll cost to get it fixed?' I said, running a hand through my hair. He looks up at me and gapes.

'Kellin?' I look at him in surprise, looking past the long, dark hair.

'Jack?'

'Great to see you!' He says, engulfing me in a hug.

'Why were you driving to San Diego?'

'To pick you up. Jess and Justin thought it would be a great idea.'

'What about Gabe?'

'He said that you'd want to drive down. I guess he was right.' Jack smiled. 'Time to go back to Arizona, hey?'

I nodded. 'And don't worry about the car. It was a rental. I'll just drop it off and lie about how the paint job got messed up.'

I got back into my car and started driving. As I was passing the bus, it jumped, almost hitting me.

'Hey!' I yelled at the driver. A black mark had been placed over the front bumper. 'Stupid young bands...' I muttered. I then rethought the sentence. That had been me, a long time ago. I shook my head and drove to the desert.

A/N

Ooooo! Title cred: To Hell and Back - blessthefall

Now what's gonna happen? :) this is a KELLIC fic, remember ;)