A Void That Could Never Be Replaced

Vic

I walked into the door, guilt overcoming my stomach as I spoke nastily to Kellin. I sighed and composed myself.

'Vic, I don't want a memory from you.' Dr Mason started. 'You're struggling with something. And you don't want Kellin to know. Can you tell me what you're keeping from him?' She leant forward, holding my hand. I tugged down my sleeve, peering through my lashes at her.

'I would rather tell you a memory.' I said carefully, watching her eyes flicker around my face. She sighed, but gave in.

'Okay, Vic. Instead of a completely different memory, could you please continue on from Kellin's? I would like your viewpoint on it.' She quickly filled me in on the details and I nodded. I remembered that day clearly. It was the mark of our year anniversary as a couple.

'I remember.' I said. 'We sang the last bars of the song and Kellin came up and yelled something about seeing us in Melbourne... he kissed my cheek,' My hand rose up and touched the exact spot of its own accord, 'and...'

I watched him go off the stage, while our female, and some male, fans almost fainted.

'Everybody say thank you to my boy Kellin!' I yelled, hearing another uproar.

'Thanks for coming out!' I jogged off the stage and ran to Kellin, jumping on his back and kissing his neck.

'Get off me, deadweight.' He complained, staggering to the side.

'I am not heavy!' I protested, leaning on him to make my weight greater. We collapsed to the ground, the rest of the band members tripping over us as they came off stage. Soon, we were all sprawled on the ground, me laughing and everyone else complaining. Mike, who was on top of the pile, got up first, helping up Tony and leaving Jaime to fend for himself. Jaime had landed on me, so I guess Mike was just trying to make sure I was as uncomfy as possible. I scrabbled out from underneath the heavier man, pulling Kellin along with me.

'Thanks, Vic.' Jaime said, cracking his spine as he stood up. He walked off, running and leaping onto Mike's back. Luckily, Mike kept his equilibrium and manages to stay upright. He carried Jaime to the small shower block with Tony trying to trip him with his foot.

'Hey, Vic.' Kellin snapped his fingers in front of my face.

'Oh, sorry, babe.' I smiled at him, giving him a kiss.

Kellin stuck his tongue out. 'You're all sweaty!' He complained. I did the same,

'So are you!' We walked off to the showers together, me wrapping both of my arms around him.

'I don't even need a shower, Vic, I only did one song.' Kellin complained.

I looked up at him.

'Kells, you did a full set before that.'

'Oh, right.' We laughed at his poor memory and went on a few more metres in silence.

'Hey, Kells. Guess what day it is.' I said, pulling him closer to me, if it was even possible.

'I have no idea, baby.' Kellin said, dodging a stray fan who had managed to get backstage.

I stopped us and went on my tip toes to whisper in my ear. Yes, I realise I didn't need to, but I felt girly doing it.

'It's our one year anniversary.' I whispered, then I kissed his cheek.

'Really? How do you remember stuff like that?' Kellin asked, continuing to walk us to the showers.

I shrugged. 'It's a gift.' We reached the showers and saw Mike, Jaime and Tony standing awkwardly to one side as a deep voice sang "Firework" by Katy Perry.