Someone New

Warnings for the following chapter -

  ~ it gets steamy ;)

  ~ self-harm

Vic

Why was I doing this to him? Why did I propose? Why?

I walked on the path, skirting plants that grew through the cracks. My hands were deep in my pockets, and I had no clue where I was heading. Definitely not home. I pulled out my phone and checked the time. It was just after four. I had a message too. I opened it and read the first line.

Meet me for a drink?

The address was printed below. I turned right and made my way down the street. Taking a few more turns, I found the bar. My phone rang, and I answered without looking at the caller I.D.

'Hello?'

'Vic? Are you okay? It's been an hour and you're not home yet and-' Kellin's voice, worried and higher pitched than usual came through the speaker.

I cut him off, 'Kellin. I'm fine. I'm not three years old, I know how to take care of myself.' I hung up on him and walked into the bar. It was dark, but relatively clean. There was a couple sitting in a booth in the back, and another person sitting alone on a barstool. It didn't take a genius to figure out who I was seeing.

'Hey there,' I said, sitting down on the barstool next to the person. 'I've missed you.'

'I've missed you too.' They called over the bartender and ordered two beers. They passed one to me, and I downed it immediately.

'Woah, slow down, Vic. Save some of your liver for later.' They whispered in my ear, placing kisses down my neck. My vision was already blurry, and I don't think I was thinking straight.

Two hours and four beers later I was stumbling into a taxi, followed closely behind by my friend from the bar. They shouted out the address, and we started kissing again, our hands roaming.

'Keep it down in there!' The driver yelled, taking off from the curb. We reached their house and chucked a twenty at the driver.

'Now get out!' He growled, keeping the change. We stumbled out and ran inside, the locks being a pain and refusing to open on the first four tries. We finally managed to fall through the doorway and into the lounge room.

'Tequila shots?' They asked, opening different cabinets in the kitchen and grabbing two shot glasses, salt, a lemon and the bottle of tequila. I chopped the lemon into four pieces and setting them on a plate. We sat down on the couch, and they shook salt out onto my palm.  They gestured for me to go first and I licked at the salt, which was closely followed by my shot. I gasped as the liquor ran down my throat. I bit down into the lemon, sending the juice cascading around my mouth. I screwed my face up as the sourness hit my tongue. They laughed at me, and I said,

'Your turn then.' I said, nodding towards their shot siting in front of them. I shook out some salt onto my arm and offered it to them. They licked the salt, running their tongue longer than nescessary over my skin. I shivered and they downed their shot. They reached for the lemon and bit down, seemingly savouring the taste. 

'You're crazy,' I said. 

They shrugged. 'I know.' They set up another shot for me, placing the salt on their own arm. 

I finished my shot and poured salt on my neck.

'Your turn,' I said, smirking. They lingered much longer than nescessary on my neck, but I didn't mind. It felt good. They gulped back the shot and looked around for the final lemon slice.

'Where is it?' They asked. I parted my lips, and inbetween my teeth was the last slice. They stuck out their hand, and I shook my head. 

'Come and get it.' I said, trying to talk around the barrier. They eagerly leaned forward, slipping their tongue into my mouth. I transferred the lemon, and they spat it out, continuing to kiss me. We scrambled off the couch, and I was pushed against a wall. I slid my hands through their hair, emitting a low growl as they bit and sucked on my bottom lip. We shuffled down the hall, our clothes being discarded as we went, until we entered the bedroom.

-  -  -

I woke up, my hair tousled and only a thin sheet on. My head was pounding, and I lay in someone who was very familiar's arms. I snuggled deeper into their embrace, turning around to kiss them good morning.

'Round two?' They mumbled against my lips, already sliding their hands down my back and I bit their bottom lip, sucking at it, then fighting for the dominance of their mouth.

-  -  -

I left their house, checking my phone. Ten missed calls, all from Kellin. I felt horrible. What had I done? I opened up my texts, seeing another twenty from Kellin. Some of the latest were,

Where are you? Please come back home. I'm worried.

Vic! Don't fuck around! Come home.

Answer my calls, please. No one knows where you are.

I sat down under a tree and put my head in my hands. My wedding ring was still around my finger, a reminder of the deed that I had committed. Why was I such a bad person? A new message arrived on my phone, signaling by vibrating on my lap.

I need to go to work, I'll be back at home by five. Please be there when I come home. I love you.

I ran home, unlocking the door and slamming it shut. Perfect timing. I went to the main bedroom, reaching under the bed for the small bag I kept, hopefully never to use again. I went into the bathroom and sat in the tub. I yanked off my bracelets, and I studied the skin there. 

At least one hundred cuts littered the scarred skin. I didn't remember when it was clear and unblemished. A few healing scars where there from few days ago. They were like angry little flames streaking across my tan skin. I took out the small pocket knife, tracing the blade with a fingertip. I traced the blade along my skin, feeling the older scars reopen. I was a horrible human being. I found a new patch of skin and relished in the relief it brought.

I looked at my arm. It was red. I couldn't see any skin. I passed out, glad that I was in the bathtub so that I didn't fall and do any more damage to my pathetic body.

'VIC!'

A/N

Title cred: Don't You Ever Forget About Me ~ Sleeping with Sirens

It was so hard always referring to the other person as 'they' and 'them' I thought it sounded really stupid -.- but who do you think it could be? ;) [could be a guy or a girl] and why is Vic cheating?? :'O