Chapter Eight

Sayyad eyed the tall, blond, blue-eyed Australian carefully. Not happy the way he flirted with Catherine, who looked stunning in a white full pleated Fendi dress with a print of bright, striking colours and thin straps. Feeling at a disadvantage in his jeans and plain black shirt. 

 Dammit, he should've made her wear his ring, instead of on a chain around her neck. This situation was intolerable. He sidled up to Catherine, who was taking very animated with the man. Really, she should've known better. She belonged to him. Suddenly she was holding up an empty glass towards him, glaring down at it. What now a servant? Heaven forbid. She glanced up when her glass wasn't removed

"Sayyad," she gasped, going bright red. "Sorry, I thought you were George," she apologised.

He removed her glass. "You know I would always see to your needs." She lowered her eyes, rebuked, kicking himself. He was incognito, just a sheikh buying horses, not a King. "What are you having?" he asked softly. What he had told Catherine was true, but he really was a King.

"Champagne."

"Of course," he smiled, looking around. George charged across, seeing to his needs, ordering two glass, one for him. "Aren't you going to introduce me, habibti?"

"Sorry, of course. Sayyad this is our nearest neighbour, Brendan Daniels. Brendan, this is my....." She paused not sure what to call Sayyad.

"Partner," Sayyad suggested, "in crime," he added at her startled look. He reached for her hand, bringing to his lips and kissed. "I've come to claim, my Lady, and take her back home, where she belongs at my side."

Big sky-blue eyes looked up at him. "Yes, working side. This is my boss Sheikh Sayyad Al-Salman." The way he wanted it for now. If he had known she had an admirer, he would've declared to the world, she belonged to him. He closed his eyes briefly. She did, but he didn't have to like it, did he?

Brendan frowned. "The one you moved away from. Why did you come back? I thought that had all fallen through, you weren't good enough." Catherine's head dipped, her fingers curling around Sayyad's hand,  that still held her as he stiffened at her side.

"That's not true," he said softly.

"But Cathy said," Brendan started to point out. He was flashed looks of annoyance by the both of them.

"Here you go," George arrived, handing over their glasses. Catherine grabbed hers thankful, taking a deep drink, looking up at Sayyad. He removed his own, ignoring it. Not a good sign, turning towards him with her body. He lowered his dark head down, however, his eyes levelled on the blond.

"Please, Sayyad," she begged. He released her hand and replaced onto the small of her back, caressing her with fingertips.

"So where did you go on your little getaway?" George asked, although he already knew.

"Noosa," Catherine answered with a smile, eyes suddenly bright. "It was so wonderful," she leaned in closer towards Sayyad, feeling him relax more. "A wonderful private resort, swimming pools, horse riding. Just totally relaxing, wasn't it Sayyad?" she asked.

"That it was. Very relaxing," he smiled. "Catherine does like her riding, don't you, habibti."

She beamed. "Very much so."

"Aren't you going to miss Spirit?" Brendan asked. Again Sayyad stiffened that she caressed his side.

"Not at all, Spirit is going with me."

Brendan scowled. "It sounds like you're not coming back."

"Not for a while," she offered, then sighed looking up at Sayyad.