Chapter Seven

Sayyad settled at Catherine's side on the lounge chair beside one of the two pools, leaning over her, placing a hand on her other side. "Don't overdo it," he whispered, brushing hair from her face. Her brows plucked together at his comment, twisting around, under him onto her back. "I don't want you getting too burnt. You have such fair skin, Catherine."

"At least it's not, my lady," she released a long breath, closing her eyes. He closed his eyes briefly then looked across the pool. She had been so happy to see him at the homestead. Now, she was been distance and aloof. He wanted the laughter back in her eyes, colour in her cheeks. Damn it he blew it on the plane. Him and his damn innuendos. So no more. Straight talking from now on, even if he did shock her out of her pretty little panties. He smiled. He would like to do that.

"What's that for?" she asked softly to have him laugh openly glancing down to see her watching him. He wasn't that open, yet but one dare hopes.

"You don't want to know."

She sighed again. "I guess not. So why did you bring me here Sayyad. The truth this time."

He straightened to frown. Good question. To win her over. To take her home at his side as his wife. He twisted around and lie down at her side. She turned onto her side, giving him more room, looking up at him, watchful. "The truth? What is the truth, my Catherine?" His dark brow furrowed. Catherine shifted up closer to him, drawing down his eyes, smiling. She looked so right at his side. 

In a one-piece, covering every curve, every line in a navy blue, teasing his sight with cleavage. He did find this preferable to a bikini after all. Subtle. Teasing and so damn sexy, long limbs. Toned thighs, long curved legs, slender ankles, and delicate feet. As were her arms and long fingers with not too long shaped nails. Clean and clear. Just like her. Everything about Catherine was clear and open. What you saw is what you got. No hidden agenda.

He dropped an arm around her, threading fingers through her hair, crossing one leg over another. "To completely get away from everyone," he answered suddenly. "Just you and me, Catherine." She nestled in closer to him, warming him all over. His body shuddering as she placed a hand on his bare chest, only wearing white loose long pants. Not warm enough for a complete strip. Then again, he glanced down, seeing her contented look.

"Why did you kiss me?" she asked taking him by surprise.

"Which time?" He knew exactly what time but was still surprised by the question. Why else would he kiss her because she was so beautiful, so desirable, and he yearned to taste her soft irresistible sensual lips? This time he twisted around, folding his other arm around her and dipped his head. "Because you're too beautiful for words," softly he brushed her lips, teasing them apart, deepening the kiss, when he felt no resistance. He drew her closer to his body, where she fitted perfectly. Far too desirable to be resisted. "You've been hiding from me for far too long, my Lady, and before you complain you will always be my lady, not in title but, in deed."

Shaking her head, she eased back a bit. "Whatever this is, Sayyad, it can't work or last, you must know that. I won't have an affair with you," she said though cheeks burned brightly with heat.

His hand dropped, splaying across her back, keeping her to him. "I didn't come here for horses Catherine. I came for you and I won't be going back without you."

She just stared at him. "Why?"

He blinked, his brows drawing together in deep thought. "Because you're my Catherine and I should've never let you go in the first place." She shook her head. He tilted her chin back with a caressing finger, so she had to look at him, her beautiful sky-blue eyes, so doubtful. "We are good together Catherine. I'm pretty sure you care for me." She nodded slowly. "As I do you or otherwise I would never have chased after you. Not just once but twice. You know how the Palace works, you have class and style. You'll make a popular princess and you know me. We are very compatible. You look after me so well as I will you. I need a wife Catherine and I choose you. Nadia was an arranged marriage, you're the one I'm asking."