Chapter 1- Confusion and Lies

I sat in silence as Shannon paced back and forth in our living room. She was not in the mood to talk yet. I didn't even know what was going on. I just came in from practice, and she was screaming at the top of her lungs at Michelle, who in turn walked out screaming in frustration. When I walked in to ask what was wrong, she gave me the death stare, so I just went and showered. I came back, and she was still in the same room walking back and forth.

Pulling her onto the couch with me, she kicked and protested, but I held her until she calmed herself down. Then the tears started to flow down her cheeks. Scooping her into my lap, I rocked her like a baby, until she seemed to fall asleep. I could feel her heart racing, and all I wanted to do was calm her down. I hated to see her so upset, especially if she was so upset that she couldn't explain to me what was bothering her. 

Scooping her up and taking her to our bedroom, I placed her in bed. When I was about to walk out of the room, she mumbled something. Turning back to her I asked, "What was that?"
"When was the last time you saw Hannah?"
"What? I haven't seen Hannah in two years."
"Thought so," she said getting back up pacing once again. Grabbing her shoulders, looking deep into her eyes, I asked, "What's going on babe?" 
"Michelle is telling me that she saw you and Hannah hooking up. I know after everything that Hannah did to you, that you wouldn't go back to her."
"Of course not baby, I have 0 tolerance for Hannah. After finding out the truth about her, I have desire to even want to speak to her."
"Then why would Michelle lie? You & Michelle are amazing friends why would she do something like this to you?"
"I don't know, but I'll find out. No one is going to drag my name through the mud. Especially someone who is supposed to be my friend," I said pacing the opposite way of her. 

Shannon was tapping her finger against her lip, something she often did when she was in deep thought. She was clearing trying to decipher what Michelle was up to. So was I. Michelle and Zack were almost like brother and sister, so why would she even do me like this. As I look up, Shannon had disappeared. Walking through our condo, I looked around for her. Unable to find her I called her phone, only to hear her voicemail. 

Where the hell did she go?

**Shannon**

I slipped out of the condo while Zack was thinking to himself. I was going to figure out where this drama was coming from. I got into my Jeep, and drove to Michelle's apartment. Things had changed a lot since graduation. Zack and I attended the same college, and Michelle's was twenty minutes away. Michelle and Zack were like siblings, and I loved the fact that my boyfriend and my best friend were getting along.

The thing that let me know things were different between Michelle and I was that she began to get distant. After I pledged Delta Sigma Theta, she became uninterested in the things that I wanted to do, and I wanted me to fit myself into her schedule, when she never made time for me herself. She wanted me to hang around with her new friends, but didn't want to hang with mines. She started to have her nose up in the air like she was better than me, and that was something that I just couldn't tolerate. After Michelle and Blake broke up, she just wasn't the same. Blake decided to go to art school in New York, and Michelle was in California near Zack and I. 

As I pulled into a vacant parking spot, I noticed a red Range Rover in Michelle's normal parking spot. Not thinking too much into it, I walked up to her door. Before I got completely to the door, I noticed that her apartment door was open. Going back to my car to retrieve my Smith & Wesson MP45C. I put it in my holster, and headed back up the stairs. 

Yelling out for Michelle, I awaited her reply. Opening the door, I checked my surroundings, and then proceeded. As I surveyed the apartment, nothing was out of place, and it didn't seem that anything was missing. I went further into the apartment when I heard voices coming from the bedroom. Stepping closer I could make out Michelle's voice.
"I told her, but I don't think that she's buying it."
"What do you mean she's not buying it? Did you tell her what I told you to tell her? Did you even try?"
"Yes I told her Hilary, but she doesn't believe me. I don't understand why you want me to do this. We all know that she isn't going to leave Zack alone, and we both know that Trevor isn't going to get back with you," Michelle said knowingly. A loud smack broke the silence, and I could her Michelle gasp. The anger in Hilary's voice was raising, and I could tell that she was standing over Michelle.

"Listen her missy. If you never want anyone to know that you are secretly dating Chance, and that's why Blake left you, then you will do what I tell you. How do you think that snotty little nigger will feel when she finds out her best friend is fucking the guy that raped her? And knew all along? You will do what I tell you. Do you understand?" Unable to listen anymore I stormed out of the apartment slamming the door behind me. Not caring that I could have just given away that I knew what was going on. 

As I reached the parking lot, I walked over to my car. As I turned to get into my car, a voice made me freeze in the exact spot that my feet were planted. Turning around on my heels, I looked at the guy that was supposed to be locked up for a very long time. I swallowed causing my throat to be very dry, and stammered out, "Wh-What are you doing here?"
"I could be asking you the same thing hun. Why are you at Michelle's?"
"Um... Well she is my best friend. I was coming to see her, but she didn't answer her phone or the door, so I'm just gonna go home."
"Leaving so soon? But we haven't had a chance to catch up."
"There's no need. I'm just going to go home," I said turning around. As I opened my car door, Chance slammed it back shut. Before he couldn't even spew out a threat, I pulled my gun from the holster, and pointed it directly between his eyes. "I said that I was going to go home. So please back up from me."
"You wouldn't shoot me. You'll go to jail."
"No. I have a license to carry this gun. And I have been raped by you before, and you are not supposed to be within 400 yards of me. I'm simply defending myself."
"But you're not just gonna shoot me for no reason."
"Oh I have plenty of reasons," I explained cocking the hammer back. Chance threw his hands up in the air, and started to walk inside the complex that I just left out of. 

Sitting in the driver's seat of my car, I broke down again. It was hard for me to believe that the girl I called my best friend, had been lying to me all this time. What the hell is going on, and why the hell does Hilary have to do with anything? 

(A/N Chapter One!!!! Vote/Comment/Fan. Going to start picking dedications, based upon people's comments. TTYL Toia. Going to update again Tomorrow!!!!)