Chapter: Seven

Vivian and Audrey were gone for the day, Alison wasn't sure where they had went, all that mattered to her was that she would be free from their cruelty. Vivian never told her where their were going, all she knew was they were going to be gone all day, if she came back from the amusement park before they got home everything would be ok, and they would never have to know she had left.

Alison locked the front door and went out the back, leaving it unlocked, Vivian didn't leave her with any house keys, she said it was pointless, that the only time she should have to leave the house was when Audrey and her were there home and needed her to run an errand.. Alison could still hear Vivians heartless laugh. Alison tried to hold back the shiver down her spine. On the other hand, Audrey could leave whenever she wanted to.

Looking down at her phone as she walked to Conner's house she accidentally bumped into someone. Looking up in shock, Conner stood in front of her, his face showed that he to was startled by the collision.

"I am so sorry, I should have been paying more attention, are you ok?" Taking a step back Conner immediately apologized as he put his phone in the back pocket of his jeans.

"I am ok, I should have been paying attention too" Alison said as she put her hand up, trying to reassure him, it was partially her fault too anyway.

 Conner looked around awkwardly then returned his attention back to Alison"So ah, yeah, I just came out to see if you were ready? and from the looks of it, I am assuming you are?" He said the last words as though not completely sure, standing up straight he gave an embarrassed smile.

"Yes, as a matter of fact, I am"

"Well I just need to go get my sister, you can follow me if you want." Conner offered as he quickly turned around and started walking towards his house.

Conner opened the front door, letting Alison go in first. His house was so pretty, straight in front of the entrance were stairs, and to the right was the living room, a long light tan couch sat up against the wall, tables were at each end of it, with lamps on them and a red table runner underneath.

A males voice called from another room, he seemed to be talking in another language.

"Ne Abeoji" Conner replied back, as he looked in the direction the voice was coming from.

A tall thin man came into the room from the kitchen, turning his attention from Conner to Alison the mans face lit up.

"You most be Alison, I have heard a lot about you, I am Conner and Kata's Father Mike" The older man offered her a hand shake.

"It's nice to meet you." Alison accepted the hand shake.

"So.. You've heard a lot about me?" Alison wasn't sure why she let the words slip, what kind of a question was that anyway?

"Yes, My-" Conner gave his Father a look as though silently asking him not to say anything embarrassing, looking from his father to Alison he rubbed the back of his neck. looking back at Alison Conner's father continued speaking. "My Daughter really seems to like you, I am glad you guys have become friends."

Whenever someone said they had 'heard a lot about her' it was never a good thing, the only people who shared things about her was her stepmother and sister, and it was never anything nice, most of the time it wasn't even true what they said.

Kate came running down the stairs in a hurry, when she reached the bottom she wrapped her Father in a hug.

"Sorry, it took me a while to get ready, are you guys ready to go?" Turning to face them, Kate's brown eyes were wide, she seemed to be excited about going to the amusement park, she only talked about it everyday at school since they made the arrangements, which didn't bother Alison at all.