Chapter Eight: A Friendly Fight

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alison dodged students as she made her way to class, girls gave her dark glares and dirty looks as they passed by. Alison had no doubt it was because she hung around Jason and Conner at school. They were popular boys. Alison hoped she wouldn't have to encounter to many girls who despised anyone who even dared to speak to the two boys.

"Oh, sorry" Alison heard a laugh as she was pushed into someone, losing her balance she fell down accompanied with books. Looking up, a young female student bent down to pick up the books on the floor.

"Watch where you're going next time, clumsy" The same voice said, a girl with raised eyebrows and a smug smile walked away filled with arrogance and self satisfaction, from her accomplishment.

"Are you ok?" The girl asked with concern, picking up the books she dropped, her brown hair fell to the sides of her face as she looked down. Sitting on her knees Alison helped the young girl pick up her belongings.

"I am so sorry about that" Alison apologized as she tried to search for her own books, picking up the girls papers she handed them to her.

"Oh, no need to worry, you don't have to apologize it was Kitties fault, I saw her push you" Taking her papers from Alison's hand she continued "She is a bully, she doesn't like anyone who gets involved with the cool kids, and basically if you do you become a target" she held her hand out palm up towards Alison in suggestion to what had just happened.

Gathering the rest of her things the girl got up and turned to leave. "Well, I'll see you around, and watch out" smiling the girl's green eyes lit up as she waved goodbye. Alison didn't even get a chance to ask her for a name, opening her mouth to speak, nothing came out.

As class was getting ready to end Alison gathered her books together, looking closer one didn't look familiar; the writing on the front was too worn out to read what it wrote, opening it up, she read of beautiful poetry. How did I end up with this? Alison wondered as she went through all the possibilities, it hit her, she had bumped into that girl earlier, but she didn't even know her name, how was she going to give it back to her? It looked like something that would be important to the owner.

"Ok class. Before you go, I need a volunteer to help paint a banner for the drama class, they have been really busy preparing for the upcoming play, and haven't been able to get to it. So? Anyone?"

Alison raised her hand, painting sounded fun, and it would be a reason for her not to go home just yet.

"We'll help" Conner and Jason offered at the same time. "That's wonderful" Ms. Jones gushed as she clasped her hands together "The more the merrier, all three of you will be able to get it done in nothing flat!"

"You boys know where the drama room is right?" The teacher questioned as the two got up to leave. "Yes we do mam" Conner and Jason answered back, as they passed by, Conner slightly bowed to the teacher in respect.

"I just love it when you do that!" Ms Jones Clapped her hands in excitement. "You are such a gentleman, in all my years of teaching you and Kate are the only ones that do that, so sweet" with a smile plastered to her face she tidied her desk.

As Alison got up from her seat Conner tried to find an appropriate timing to dismiss himself from the teacher.

"Are you two ready?" Jason asked from the classroom doorway. Nodding her head Alison picked up her pace. Walking out of the classroom she stopped and waited as the two boys came up beside her, not knowing which way to go she let them take the lead. Students passed them in the crowded hallway as they went about their ways.