Chapter Thirty-Three (33)

Chapter Thirty-Three:

I leaned against the snack while scanning the food I can take without bursting out my dress. I hovered my fingers over the fruit salad before I felt a hand yank my arm back. Annoyed, I turned around, poised and ready to begin a fight. Instead of an angry "I-can-fight-you-with-both-hands-tied-behind-my-back" looking person Emma was staring at me wide-eyed.

"Good lord! Thank God I found you, I was trying to find someone from the dance committee, I need you to do a quick run and open the doors for me. Unfortunately, I can't I still have to find the dumb DJ Jenn hired, he's somewhere in the third floor--when have you ever seen a gym on the top floor?"

"Um--never?"

"I know! My phone has been ringing non-stop. Anyways, can you collect tickets until I come down? Then I'll take the job off your hands."

I was about to reject but she was already jogging away toward the stairs, "Thanks again, Alex!" 

Biting my lip, I walked out the gym and toward the front doors. Emma really made everyone go all-out. The colors were black and white--elegant and sophisticated was what Emma wanted to go with. As soon as I opened the door I was almost trampled, it was a hassle trying to get tickets. "Ticket--" I paused when I saw Olivia's smug smile, I took a deep breath and continued, "--Ticket, please."

Olivia handed me the small rectangle shape and paused, seeing as no one was behind her. "You know Alex, I was excepting to see you like this later future," she frowned for a bit, "Although I was expecting you taking my ticket at a theatre."

"You're really funny Olivia. And in the later future I plan on seeing you at a street corner." I said plastering a fake smile on my face.

"Whatever. Where's Keith? Isn't he supposed to be your date? Or did you two break up already, I was excepting at least a week. Oh well."

"I had to be here an hour early since I belong with the dance committee. I have to prepare things, so yes he will be here and we're still very much together."

"Oh. Good." she smiled, brushing past and strolling into the gym leaving me to ponder myself. I began to care to other people who were coming toward the door when Emma suddenly appeared at my side.

"Thanks for your help, Alex. I owe you, you can go enjoy yourself. Dance is now officially starting," she smiled. I nodded and walked into the bathroom, just to make sure my makeup hadn't smeared or whatever. I'd let Meghan to my makeup--after begging shamelessly. Instead of covering my eye with heavy eyeliner like I was planning to, she applied about two quick dashes and smeared my eyelid with aqua eyeshadow to match my dress.

She did really well and I didn't even notice myself when she was finished, she also pulled my hair in a tight bun with some strands of hair in front of my hair which I pulled out. After checking for dots of mascara or running eyeliner I walked back into the gym where "Party Rock Anthem" was blasting through the speakers.

"Hey, you look great," I heard a familiar voice say behind me. I turned around smiling and sure enough Keith was looking down at me, a friendly gleam in his eye.