Chapter Six (6)

Chapter Six:

I'm a mess in a dress, can't show up on time
Even if it would save my life
According to you, according to you
But according to him I'm beautiful, incredible
He can't get me out of his head
According to him I'm funny, irresistible
Everything he ever wanted

Without opening my eyes I shuffled my hand around the nightstand between the two beds for my cell phone. Once I felt the cold metal I wrapped my arm around it and pressed my finger against the green Send button without looking who was calling and pressed the phone against my ear.

“Hello?” I mumbled.

“Alex! Oh my god, I missed you so much! I haven't seen you in six days.” I heard Elaine say.

“Do you know what time it is?!” I complained.

“What are you talking about? It's almost one...”

“It is?” I asked, opening one eye and glancing at the clock.

12:48P.M.

“Oh holy--”

“Watch your language,” Elaine said in a motherly tone.

“Whatever, I really need to go,” I told her eagerly.

She finally let me go and I jumped out of bed. The first thing I noticed was that Olivia wasn't sleeping . . . or anywhere where I could see. I was late, the first day I was here Ms. Smith informed me that at one on the dot I was to be given a tour for tomorrow's official first day of school. I went into the bathroom and jumped into the shower. Unfortunately for me I was unknown with the way the shower functions.

I twisted both knobs several times but there was no effect following it. Finally, I reached for the middle knob and accidentally pulled it. Just then scalding hot water fell on my back and I let out a blood curdling scream and jerked back. Steam rose from my back and I groaned in frustration. Cautiously, I managed my arm around the water and quickly twisted the Cold knob.

After my horrible shower I poked my head out for my towel, which was no where to be found. I let out a scream of frustration and pried my head around the empty dorm. As soon as I saw the dorm was empty I dashed out to get my towel on the closet door.

Just then the door opened and in came Keith looking at Olivia's side of the room then turning to look at me. His eyes widened in disbelief and I pathetically tried to cover myself with my hands. “Get out! Why are you here?!” I demanded.

“Olivia told me to meet her here!” he explained.

“Don't look at me! Turn away, how'd you get here?!” I inched my way toward the closet door.

“There's a key inside the plant near your door.” he pointed outside my dorm and smirked, his eyes never leaving my body.