Chapter Seventeen (17)

Chapter Seventeen:

At the end of practice I walked up to Stephan and greeted him. He was quite surprised but happy to see me there, "Oh hey Alex! What'd you think?" I had tried to get the game but it confused me. I mean you run after people and tackle them for a ball and when you get it, you throw it. What's the point of that? I would treasure the football.

"You were amazing!" I lied, I didn't know if he was terrific or terrible. 

"Stephan! The way you were out on the field today the coach has to choose you for quarterback. I'd be surprised if he didn't," some guy approached us, congratulating Stephan. Stephan thanked him and placed an arm around my waist. I looked down at it and frowned. The guy finally noticed me and waggled his eyebrows at Stephan. 

"Whose the delicious eye candy?" he asked, raping me with his eyes. I scoffed and crossed my arms over my chest, where his eyes seemed to linger towards.

"Um . . . hey perv? Would you like to take a picture because clearly my eyes are up here," I said motioning toward my face. "And I'm no one's 'eye candy' so get that through your head." He gave me a crooked smile and turned toward Steph. He nodded his approval--don't know why I needed it--and walked away smiling. 

"That was Aaron don't mind him, he's actually a really nice guy once you get to know him," he smiled, leading me out the field. I stopped him though.

"Stephan, don't feel offended by this but . . . if we're going anywhere you need to take a shower first." I said, playfully pinching my nose together. I was being honest though, he smelled like dirt and sweat. He laughed and broke away from me to run toward the boy's locker room. I walked up to the two pillars that were the entrance to the football field and leaned against one.

From my angle I could clearly see Keith behind a tree trunk with some bimbo pressed against him. He whispered something against her ear and she giggled and responded by grabbing his face and pulling it toward hers. I felt something stab my chest and I don't know why, clearly I was over the guy and once a player . . . always a player.

Apparently I'd been staring at the scene for a while because Keith felt my stare and opened his eyes and look around for the burning stare. How sweet of him. I couldn't seem to pry my eyes from him and our eyes met. He dropped the girl he was engrossed with and began walking over to me. 

"Hey Alex," he said cautiously giving me a small smile. I blinked and didn't respond. I looked away from him and toward the buzzing crowd of student pushing past each other to get out of the freezing cold and into their warm campus.

"I guessing you seen what happened back there?" he asked. I opened my mouth to give him a piece of my mind but decided against it and clamped my mouth shut again. Keith looked at me expectantly for an answer and I looked at him and cocked my head to the left.

"I don't care about that. I already know your deal, what I'm concerned about is how you still carry yourself with dignity after you ruin my relationship with Daniel and break my friendship with Olivia. After all that you still have the balls to go around and still spread your STDs all over the place." I said, my tongue burning with hatred at every word.