...25...

Prepare for a rather lengthy A/N at the end....

**************************************

...25...

I woke up earlier than usual this morning and I guess it was because I was so excited to inform my friends about my recent relationship status. We agreed that we would wait for a little while before posting it on Facebook. We also had to make sure that my mom would be completely okay with the idea of me dating someone a few years older than me. She sat a few ground rules which we were both okay with, just as long as we could be together.

 When I hopped through the school, I went straight to my locker. I didn’t even spare one glance towards Jesse although I could feel his eyes on me. There was not much that could ruin the high that I was on right now, not even Jessica. I just wanted to rub it in her face that Clay and I were going out but he told me that he would come up with something.

    “Claire, what in the world did you?” Tara asked walking up to me.

    “I was chasing Clay last week in the snow, fell and twisted my ankle.”

    “Oh okay, what a subtle way to bring up Clay.”

    “What?” I laughed, opening my locker up.

    “Claire, it’s so obvious that he likes you,” she huffed out.

    “So?”

    “Why is my dork of a brother and his insanely hot friend walking this way,” I heard Haylee.

    “What?” I asked, looking at her before I turned the other direction and saw Clay and Brent walking towards us. Clay had a small smirk on his face as he looked at me. 

I was just as interested in why they were here as Haylee. I know he said that he would plan something for Jessica but I really didn't expect him to do it now and at school. The closer they got, I saw that Brent had a weird look on his face and when he was right in front of me, he grabbed my hands, pulled me against his chest.

     “I know that it would have never worked out between us but you could have given me a chance,” he said, holding me at arm’s length with fake tears in his eyes.

    “You told him?” I accused Clay.

    “He’s my best friend. I told you, I can’t keep everything from him. Besides, he guessed,” he said, smiling.

    “Oh. My. God,” I heard Haylee gasp each word.

    “What?” Tara asked.

    “It’s about time,” Haylee squealed, wrapping me in a hug.

    “What?” Tara asked again.

    “Okay, so I said I would come up with something to let Jessica know.”

    “Clay! You cannot be serious!”

    “I am,” he smirked. “And she’s walking this way.”

    “Oh, why me,” I sighed.

    “Stand by your knight,” he whispered in my ear.

    “This is going to cause so many problems,” I said.

    “No it won’t, I promise. Now’s the time because she’s got that look in her eye.”

    “Oh for goodness sakes, will someone tell me what is going on?” Tara shouted.