...12...

Dedicated to LizMinnie for being the first to guess back in Chapter 10 that Duncan was cheating on her.

***********************************************************

...12...

I ended up going straight home and climbing into my bed. Mom and the girls were still out so I was thankful that I was bombarded with questions. I put my phone down on my end table and just stared at the ceiling. I had just dozed off when my phone sounded for a text messages.

    Legs, are you still out with lover boy? -B

    Nope... Won’t be seeing him anymore -C

    Uh oh... Problems in the land of love? -B

    Don’t want to talk about it. -C

    Okay. So are you home? -B

    Yep. -C

    Want some company. -B

    Not tonight, Brent. Thank you though. I appreciate the thought. -C

    Okay. TTYL. -B

    Later. -C

After that, I put my phone on silent and then got up and walked over to my desk. I opened my laptop and signed onto Facebook. The second I was signed on, I had a private message from none other than Duncan.

  Claire,

    I am so sorry that I hurt you like this, I never meant to hurt you this way. I really do love you and I hope you know that.

I scoffed at the message and instantly deleted it. I went to my settings and changed my status from in a relationship to single. As soon as that happened, I got another message.

  So... it’s just going to end like that.

  Yes Duncan, you cheated on me. I can’t look past that. I don’t care what was going on, you cheated on me. I am not going to be with someone who is going to do that to me. I have more pride about myself than that.

  Oh yeah, pride. That’s that reason you laid down and spread your legs.

  That’s when I thought you loved me. Trust me, I wasn’t impressed.

He was right to a point. If I had pride, I would not have done that. I was so disappointed in myself and I was to the point of wanting to puke. I got back up, grabbed my phone, slid my shoes back on and went downstairs. Grabbing my keys from the table, I went to my car. I headed down to Sweet Frog for some frozen yogurt.

After getting my fix of yogurt and toppings and paying for it, I went to the park. I sat down and watched as the sun started to slowly go down. People were walking back and forth and I was sitting here, moping. I was hurt but what else did I expect. I knew that the relationship was doomed from the moment I found out that we would be moving up here. I don’t know why we even tried to stay together.

    “Hey you,” I heard someone say. I looked up and saw Clay in a pair of shorts and a gray t-shirt drenched in sweat.

    “Hey,” I smiled up at him. “Having fun?” I asked taking a bite of my yogurt.

    “Yeah, loads,” he smiled. “What are you doing out here? I figured when you left with Duncan that you would be spending the rest of the day with him.”