...24... Clay's POV

...24...

Clay’s POV

The other day when I saw Claire on the ground, I thought that she was just playing as a way to get me back from smashing the snow all over her. When I saw that she wasn’t, I was just about to pick her up and take her to the hospital right then. I’m glad that she saw my way when she thought that her dance career could have been over. 

The time at the hospital and when it was just the two of us in her room, I didn’t know what came over me but all I wanted to do was kiss her. It was the first time that I’ve even tried to turn on my charm around her because I wasn’t sure how she would take it. I was honestly surprised that she flirted right back with me and I still cursed the timing; we were so close to kissing. I haven’t even told Brent about it even though he suspected something was going on.

It was the weekend and I was hoping to be able to see Claire. I thought about texting her and seeing if she wanted to go to the movies or something with me. I woke up thinking about her and this would be the only way I could come up with a solution, spend more time with her. Just before I went downstairs, I signed onto Facebook and checked my messages. There was a few games requests and then I saw one from Claire. It was an e card that had an armored knight onto of a horse and the caption read, My knight in shining armor wears camouflage and carries a shotgun. I laughed for a minute and then like it, I left a comment that said she best not forget it. A second later, I had a message from her.

Hey, what are you up to, Dr. Redden? 

Not much. 

Uh huh... 

What are you up to today, patient?

Seeing as I still can’t do much, I guess I’m sticking around the house.

How about I come get you and we go out?

I just came straight out and asked. I hoped that my forwardness didn’t push her away. I didn’t have my chat sounds on so I turned away from the computer again. I can’t believe I just actually asked her out. Would she consider that as a date or just two friends going out? 

    “Oh my god, Clay. Get ahold of yourself. You’re sounding like a girl,” I said to myself before turning back to the computer.

Clay Redden, are you asking me out on a date?

What if I am? I typed back, smiling.

Well, I guess I would ask what the plans would be.

I was thinking maybe a quick dinner and a movie.

Hmm.... I have to think about it ;)

Well.. you better think hard. The offers only available for 2 minutes.

Hey, that’s not fair.

Just go out with me...

K...

She just agreed to go out with me. Forget about the acting like a girl I was doing before, I definitely was happy right now. I don;t think I’ve ever been this excited to go out with someone for a long time. I sent her another message telling her that I would pick her up at five and we could grab a burger or go for pizza before the movie. 

                    *                    *                    *                    *                    *

At exactly five o’clock, I was stepping onto the Henderson’s porch. I knocked on the door and when Mrs. Henderson opened the door, she had the biggest, brightest smile on her face. She opened it all the way and motioned for me to come in.