Chapter 6

Leo and Raph finally got to the other drain opening, for what seemed like forever to them.

They both got off and searched the area. "Anything?" Leo asked.

Raph shook his head, "nah. What about you?"

Leo shook his head and continued to search. He sighed in frustration when he didn't find any clues to where his brothers could be at.

Leo was about to call off the search for the night until he spotted something. He kneeled down towards the object and found a piece of Donnie's staff.

He sighed and picked it up. "Well Donnie was here, I know that for a fact." Leo said, showing Raph the staff.

Raph took the piece of staff from Leo's hand and grunted. He was examining it and was about to say something when he heard a screech from afar.

"Did you hear that?" Raph asked and Leo nodded.

They both stayed in their exact spots until they heard another screech. This time it was louder than before.

The two brothers looked at each other as they could now hear different sounds. Leo looked for a place to hide as he saw the sewer pipes hanging from above.

Leo pointed upwards and jumped up. Raph nodded to himself and jumped up with his brother. Their eyes turned white as they stayed silent when the Squirrelanoids came to view.

The first squirrel came out and stopped in its tracks. It looked around and sniffed the area. It growled and walked around the pool.

It screeched and the other Squirrelanoids came to view too. Their tongues were stretched into the darkness and they checked their surroundings.

The first one growled and jumped in the water. The next one walked closer to the pool and dragged an unconscious Mikey with it.

By seeing this, Raph was about to jump down when Leo held him back.

The other squirrel soon came to view as well, and this one was dragging a half conscious Donnie.

"Get... away... I'm gonna..." Donnie said, very quietly, trying to keep his eyes open.

The two brothers looked at each other and both had determined faces. Leo looked at Raph, with his eyes back to normal, and nodded.

They unsheathed their weapons and jumped down.

Each of the turtles landed on one of the squirrels.

The Squirrelanoids screeched in surprise and released Donnie and Mikey.

Leo and Raph pinned the squirrels down as Donnie slowly sat up. He opened his eyes and held his head. In front of him was Raph and Leo, holding the squirrels down.

Donnie sighed and reached for his bō, that wasn't there anymore. He sighed again and checked his surroundings. His eyes went wide when he saw Mikey on the floor.

He slowly made his way toward him and checked him over. He smiled to himself when nothing too bad was wrong with him.

He stood up but caught himself on the wall when he was falling. He concentrated on not falling when he heard a yelp. He turned and saw Raph get thrown into a wall.

Raph made a quick recovery and gripped his sai as he met face to face on his opponent. The squirrel growled then leaped in the air with a loud screech.

Raph quickly dogged and the squirrel flew, head first into a pipe. Raph smirked and ran towards it. He ran and jumped in the air; he preformed a front flip and kicked the Squirrelanoid straight across the face.

It squeaked and fell to the floor with a 'thud'. Raph landed on his hands and feet; he stood up straight and walked toward the squirrel.

He kicked it and when it didn't move, he sighed in relief. When he turned around, he saw Leo's shell coming fast as him.

He was about to move but he was caught in the impact. When they landed against the wall, they both grunted. "Leo, get your heavy shell off of me!" Raph said, very irritated.

Leo rolled his eyes and stood up. He reached out his hand for Raph to grab, but he was thrown across the room.

The squirrel screeched in Raph's face and leaped at him. He landed on top of Raph and bit his shoulder. Raph screamed and struggled to get the Squirrelanoid off of him.

But the Squirrelanoid only bit down on him harder. Raph screamed again and continued to try and get the squirrel off of him, but like before, he couldn't.

"Leo! Donnie! Help!" Raph pleaded.

Donnie looked back up when his name was called. His eyes widened when he saw Raph struggling under the squirrel.

He looked for some type of weapon, anything, but he couldn't find anything.

He was about to give when he saw one of Leo's katana. He picked it up and looked at it; he had never used a different weapon other than Raph's sai, but that wasn't a good experience.

Donnie looked back up and ran to the Squirrelanoid; he did a front flip and managed to slash it on its back.

The Squirrelanoid screeched in pain and released Raph from its grasp. He turned around and met Donnie in the eyes.

It screeched and slashed Donnie across the chest with its sharp claws. Donnie screamed in pain and fell to the floor, holding onto his chest, eyes closed shut.

The squirrel was about to slash him again until Leo let out a battle cry and slashed the squirrel in the same spot Donnie slashed him before.

It screeched in pain again fell to the floor and stayed there, unmoving.

Leo sighed in relief and sheathed his katana. He ran towards Raph and quickly checked him over.

Raph pushed him away, "I'll take care of myself, go help Donnie."

Leo nodded and ran toward Donnie and tried to move his hands from his chest. Donnie resisted but slowly obligated.

Leo sighed and smiled softly smiled, "you'll be fine Donnie. It was deep but it's not life threatening."

Donnie opened his eyes and slowly nodded, but closed his eyes again, for he was still in pain.

"Let's all go home," Leo said with a small smile.

Raph and Donnie nodded and slowly stood up and walked toward Mikey, to help carry him home.

Neither did they know that a Squirrelanoid was watching them from the water, watching their every move.