Chapter 5

The Squirrelanoids climbed out of the other drain opening and yanked Donnie out.

They threw him to the wall and surrounded him. Donnie looked up with fear as he was taking in deep and heavy breaths.

They screeched and grabbed Donnie with their sharp tongues. Donnie yelped and struggled the best he could from the pointy tongues as he was dragged across the floor, into a different tunnel.

He was thrown once again into some kind of dead end. He grunted and deeply inhaled.

One of the squirrels got close to Donnie and sniffed him. It then started to give him a low pitched screech and opened his mouth to bite him.

Donnie's eyes got wide and then he quickly sealed them shut. He waited for a long time, but never got an attack. He opened his eyes to find an empty room.

He stared into the dark room and focused on his surroundings. He squinted his eyes to try to see in the dark but could only see a very little bit.

He stood up very quietly and stayed in his exact spot. He closed his eyes to try and sense them, but he couldn't sense anything.

He figured that they were gone, so he started to walk carefully to the drain opening. He stopped when he heard a noise and didn't move.

The Squirrelanoid stayed on a pipe line above Donnie. It stayed low but when Donnie was almost to the drain, it went ahead and dropped its hands down low. When Donnie was in reach, it grabbed Donnie by the head and started to lift him up.

Donnie screamed and struggled to break free of its grasp. The squirrel screeched again and flung Donnie into a pipe, head first.

Donnie landed on the floor, unmoving.

~~~~~

Splinter's P.O.V.

I stayed behind as my sons left in search for Michelangelo. I hope they are alright.

I was sitting by the fairly large tree in the dojo. I was meditating, to try and find my youngest son's spirit.

Breath in, breath out. Breath in, and out.

After some time, I was in a deep trance. I sensed something wrong. I could not sense my youngest two sons.

I focused and saw something. I saw those monsters. Then I saw water, and my son's masks.

I jolted my eyes open and inhaled deeply. I stood and walked to my room.

I grabbed my katana and my walking staff.

I sighed one last time and left the lair to find my sons. I could no longer bare to think that I could loose my sons.

I closed my eyes and listened carefully to any sounds. With these rat ears, I can hear very well. I heard a very faint high pitched noise.

I opened my eyes and I knew that they were far away from home. I started to walk and with every tunnel I would listen. If there was a source of noise coming from it, I would follow it.

I had spent about ten minutes walking, when I heard breathing. I stopped and listened. I followed the source until it was clearly loud.

I looked above and below me, but saw nothing. I was about to leave when I heard something that sounded a lot like crying.

I turned around and walked in a tunnel and spotted my youngest son with many scrapes and blood all over him.

"Michelangelo my son!" I said as I ran to him.

He looked up at me and smiled, but that quickly changed into a frown. "Sensei! Stop!"

I quickly stopped in my tracks and stared at him with concern. "What is wrong my son?"

He started to look around and spoke to me with a shaky voice. "They're still here, it's a trap."

A loud screech filled my ears and I positioned myself for a fight. Michelangelo looked at me with fear and I saw him standing up but fall back down.

I turned around when I heard something behind me. I heard Michelangelo yelp so I quickly turned around.

"Sensei!" He screamed as he was pulled a dark part of the tunnel. "Help!"

I ran to where he was at and was hit in my chest, a few steps back. "Michelangelo! Michelangelo! Answer me!" I yelled as I could no longer see him.

I will be honest when I say that I was fearing the worst for my son.

I was caught up in my own thought, when a sharp rope thing wrapped around my waist. I reached to get it off but my arm was wrapped up as well. I grunted when my other arm was caught.

I struggled and stopped when they came into view. They let out a loud and high pitched screech.

The squirrel that was gripping my waist let me go. It walked into the dark tunnel next to me and came out dragging something.

I looked closely and saw green and purple. "Donatello," I whispered in shock, but mostly questioned it.

I froze in my spot as I was flung back into an edge of a tunnel. I grunted and fell on my hands and knees.

As soon as I looked up they were all gone. I sighed in frustration and stood up slowly. I sniffed the air and listened closely to anything.

I so happened to caught a scent and followed it. I kept my guard and stayed alert for any other attacks.

I really hope my sons will be alright.