Chapter Five

The next morning Nicki went to get Aubbie and Drake talked to Wayne about getting Nicki on the team.

"Nigga I was just about to call you. This morning when I came into the studio, the microphone was still on. Shit was recording...I played it and I wanted to call you right then but I didn't know how to approach you with some shit like that. But anyway, she can spit like a nigga...of course she can be on the team."

The two men talked business for a couple of hours and Wayne was called by his assistant.

"Man I gotta go, but make sure she's at the meeting tomorrow morning and next time y'all two wanna fuck, turn the recorder off."

Drake laughed. "Aight man...I'll talk to you later. Thanks."

"No problem." Wayne ended the call.

Just as Drake set his phone on the table, Nicki came through the door and Aubbie ran to her father.

"Daddy!"

"Hi princess." he picked her up and kissed her cheek. "I missed you." he hugged her and she giggled.

After playing with Aubbie for a while, he put her down for a nap and then pulled Nicki in the room to talk to her.

He told her exactly everything that Wayne had said and he was happy to see her excitement.

As the months went on, everyone was asking; 'Who is this chick named Nicki Minaj?'

She had been on a few of Way e's songs and even got a feature from some mainstream artists such as Gucci Mane and Ludacris.

Nicki was just coming home from a video shoot and Aubbie was with Lauren again.

The first thing she did was get in the shower. Then as she was getting out, Drake walked into the bathroom.

"Hi." she said shyly. She was always shy when he watched her.

He smiled back but didn't say anything.

She sat on the bed after grabbing the lotion but handed it to him when he asked to do it.

"Aubrey do you think that we moved too fast into our relationship?"

"No...why would you ask me that?"

Nicki shrugged. "It's just with all of this fame and stuff, everything's gonna get complicated. There's us we have to worry about and there's Aubbie. I don't want her mixed in the media."

"So what are you saying?"

"I don't know. I want to do this...I know I can but what about me and you together? We haven't even talked in about two weeks because I've been busy and you've been busy too. I don't want our relationship to fall apart. Especially because of lack of communication. The media already thinks I'm dating Safaree, and they keep putting you with Rihanna and it's just a lot to deal with. And plus I don't want to lose you. What happens when we both can't pay as much attention to each other and everything just falls apart?"

"Do you trust me Nicki?"

"Yeah...it's just that there's always that what if because you left before."

"Nicki I won't leave. I'm different now and I love you. You don't have to worry about me leaving you or Aubbie whether it's good or bad. I know that it's gonna take some work by proving that to you, but I'm not going anywhere unless you want me to. You're all the woman I want and need."

Nicki smiled. "I love you."

"I love you too." he closed the lotion after he finished.

She pulled him into a kiss and bit his lip, letting him know what she wanted.