It's Kind of a Funny Story.. Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Jessica’s PoV:

Detention for me, but not for Savannah? Why was he being unfair?! I narrowed my eyes at Dmitri, but he didn’t look at me. He refused to have one second of eye contact, and it was driving me nuts. I’m glad he thinks we’re not dating anymore, because I don’t want to get suspended for dating my teacher. People continued asking questions, and he continued answering them. Someone asked how old he was, and he replied that he was twenty-four in a few weeks. So he’s not as old as I thought he was. Thank god, that means-

“Jessica?” Kaylie whispered, poking my arm. I jumped, looking towards her. She looked shocked, and amused. I was confused for a moment, but realized she was thinking about what had happened between me and Savannah. It’s not natural for me to act like that during school, but she just drives me up the wall.

“Yeah?” I asked, turning to face her. She has pretty grey eyes, I wish I had eyes like hers. They shimmered as she looked at me questioningly, and nodded towards Savannah.

“What was that about? Bitching like an old man? That was hilarious!” She giggled, touching her lips. I laughed along with her, and shrugged.

“Well, that’s who she is. She acts like everyone is her slave, as well. It kind of makes me sick, so I just avoid her.” I stated, shrugging again. The bell chimed, and students picked up their items, and filing out of class. Kaylie waited for me, and walked with me.

“Jessica, can I see you for a moment, please.” Dmitri asked, his eyes glued to his desk.

“Ok, sure? Bye Kaylie, I’ll see you later.” I said, waving to her retreating form. She waved bye as well, and left the room. Once the black box was deserted, he finally looked at me. He looked a bit sad, and his blue eyes weren’t as radiant and vibrant as before. It dampened my mood as well, making me sigh.

“Why haven’t you been talking to me?” He asked, his voice low. I blanked for a moment, before realizing what he meant. Oh, why haven’t I been texting him and talking to him? Crap, what will I say? I’m not ready for this discussion!

“I’m sorry, Dmitri, but-” I started, but he cut me off.

“Mr. Roser, you’re my student now.” He said, and rubbed his face. I felt guilt starting to eat at me, and it didn’t feel so great.

“Mr. Roser.. I’m sorry for not talking to you, but I needed time. I think we should be friends, you know?” I started, not mentioning Drew at all. “Well, now it’s quite obvious we should just be friends. You’re my teacher, and I’m your student. It’s against the law, right? You could be arrested, and I could be suspended.” I rushed, the guilt making me feel weak and pathetic. I am pathetic.

“Well, I don’t know. I mean, I really like you, Jess.” He said, his blue eyes piercing mine. Fire burned within them, and it made my body ache with need, almost.

“You do?” I said, my heart beat fastening. He likes me? Even after what I did? That’s sweet.

“Yes. I can honestly say I’ve never felt like this before.” He said, and rubbed his chin. I blushed, and my body started feeling nervous. “You better go, the bell will be ringing soon.” He said, shooing me with his hand. I nodded, and walked to the doors of the black box.

“Do I still have detention today?” I asked, praying he’d say no. I stopped as I got to the door, and waited for his response.

“Yes. Make sure to come fast.” He said. My heart sank and I left, going to my next period.

“Why did you take so long, Jess?” Drew asked from behind me, and I jumped.

“OH! You scared me.. And he was just addressing me a detention for saying something rude to someone.” I said, shrugging. I heard Drew chuckling beside me, and I glanced at him. He had a beautiful smile on his face, and his brown eyes sparkled slightly. My heart beat increased, and my stomach filled with butterflies.