It's Kind of a Funny Story.. Chapter 12

Jessica's POV:

My heart thumped wildly against my ribcage, and my were clamy. I had just told him my biggest secret. I told him something I've been terrified to admit to my mom. I told him the one thing I had repressed so far to the back of my mind, and haven't even truly and fully comprehended myself. The one thing that I've hidden from the world, completely covered up.

"I haven't told my mom. My dad never knew. I'd never tell Phil, he's not close enough to me. And Drew doesn't know either. I kept it to myself because I was scared and humiliated. My innocence is gone, and I can't get it back. I'm used, I'm dirty, I'm no good anymore. I have nothing to offer anyone. My luggage is too heavy for me to carry myself, sometimes.." I said in a rush, taking a deep breath when I finished. His piercing blue eyes burned with an anger that made my core tremble. His jaw was set, and his hair fell into his face as he dropped head into his hands. Dmitri Is the only person I've told my past too. He knows something that no one else except God knows about me.

It scared me.

"I don't know how to take this.." He whispered, his voice sounding almost hurt. As if his tone physically hit me, I flinched. I didn't want to hurt him with my past. I didn't want to hurt anyone. No one deserved to be hurt, especially not him. My eyes began to burn, and I knew I was about to cry. I wasn't going to take him down with me.

"I-I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said anything.." I said in barely a whisper. I turned and walked to the doors of the black box, my chest constricting. I heard him call my name, but I didn't pay him any attention. I just needed to go. My legs moved quickly and swiftly down the main hallway of the school, trying to avoid contact with anyone. Shoving the main entrance doors to the school with more force than necessary, I felt my chest hurting worse. Like I needed to throw up. Tears sprung down my face fiercely, leaving burning trails on my cheeks. It was stupid to cry, I know, but I couldn't stop them from flooding my eyes. As I got closer to my car, a feeling of being watched creeped up my back, making me stop and turn for a moment. I don't think I've ever felt my heart beat so rapidly. It hurt. When I saw that no one was actually watching, I turned back in my quest to get the hell out of the school parking lot. Something was stuck to the back window of my car, lifting slightly as the wind blew.

"Jessica Harley! Please stop, we need to talk!" Dmitri pleaded from his car, pulling into the space next to mine. Ignoring him, I walked over to the piece of paper attatched to my car. I was confused whenever I first read the words written sloppily across the sticky-note, but as I saw who had signed it, my body froze. The reoccuring nightmare I thought would only haunt my in my sleep was playing out right before my eyes. A black and white horror film that only played in my slumber began to fill up iridescently, becoming more realistic as the colors spread across unforgettable images.

"Found you. -H"

"Jess, I would never blame you for anything, ok? I wasn't mad or upset, I was just at a loss for words, and I'm sorry. Can we please..- Jess, are you ok? What's wrong?" Dmirti said concerned, grabbing my wrist lightly. I didn't register the move, I was too in shock. HIS name started with an H. The man who without a second thought desecrated my virginity. Hayden Bane had found me. Just the mere thought of him knowing which car I drove scared me to death. "Jess, what happened?" Dmitri asked, shaking my wrist. My head snapped to Dmitri, my brain lurching forward, and my heart kickstarting.

"He found me..." I choked out, before falling to my knees and wrapping my arms around them.

*~*~*~*~*Hours later, at her house.*~*~*~*~*

"I'll try to keep an eye on you at all times until he makes some kind of move, then I'm going to get him. His ass needs to be thrown in jail. I can't believe he's harrassing you like this. Why would he do this now though? What's his motive?" Dmitri blabbed on, making me feel like it's that much more real.

"I don't know, but I need to be alone for a bit. I'll text you if I need you, ok?"I said, wanting to go to bed. It was three in the morning, and I hadn't been sleeping very well. I needed to try to get some shut eye. He nodded quietly before getting up and heading towards the front door.

"Alright. I'll check on you in the morning, ok? Be safe, please." He said, opening and closing the door. I jumped up and locked the door, before heading over to my room, slipping out of my uncomfortable clothes, looking for some more fluffy clothes.As I pulled on my shirt, a tap echoed through the silent house. I looked out the window, trying to see who was there, but it was too dark. I unlatched the locks before opening it slightly, afraid of what I was about to find out.

"H-hello?" I asked quietly, praying it was Dmitri on the other side. My heart thundered in my chest, making my nerves on edge.

"Hey Jess." Was all I heard before I snapped my window shut, and locked them tight, fear consuming me.

***********************************************************************************************************

Sorry for not being around. I'm trying to work on it. <3 Love y'all, enjoy your day!

-A