Lets Get One Thing Straight

Please watch the video if you can! If not that's okay.😊

Natasha's POV
"Really?" He looked at me confused and a little stunned, "What for?"
I had to come up with something quick so I went the feminist way, "Why wouldn't I. Agent Carter is someone to look up to. She practically made the way for all of us strong women of Shield." Though some of that was true, it wasn't for me. I make my own paths. Let's just hope he bought my bull crap.
"Wow okay. We can take your car if you want."
"Sure." He smiled at me he didn't have to do anything else. All he had to do was smile and I knew. Finally and for sure, I knew.
I really do love him.
Did it really just take a stupid smile to realize that of what I already knew. I didn't need some grand act of love or honor, or even bravery. Because that was exactly what I was trying to avoid. All I wanted was simplicity, to enjoy and love all the little things about someone. But I was ignoring those little things because although I was trying to avoid falling for a grand act of love I was also expecting one to come along. I know now that expectations are not what they seem.
I had said I love you many times before and like most people, I thought I did. That's just it, I thought, I didn't know. But now I do.
Loving someone felt like a chore. I thought it was something that you had to do in order to survive in this world without being alone. It no longer feels like that.
As if it was almost a habit, I took his hand in mine without looking up at him. Baby steps Natasha, baby steps. He couldn't know, not until I was ready to tell him.

Steve's POV.
She put her hand in mine and I knew. But I wasn't going to say anything. I knew she wasn't ready. But I'll be right there when she is. I would wait. I would always wait for her.
I also knew that she only want to meet Peggy because she was jealous. I found it quite amusing actually. But it wasn't amusing to her. She actually believed that I would choose Peggy over her.
I mean sure there was a time where I thought Peggy was the right partner. But that flame was put out as fast as it was lit. I'm just not sure anymore.
I also found it heartwarming that she was doing this not only because she was jealous, but because she wants to show me that she is willing to do things that will make me happy.

Like most of our car rides, it was a quiet one.
We pulled up to the large building. It stood there in all its glory, towering over the smaller buildings that neighbor it. That's always been their problem, they aren't humble in the slightest way. But considering where they began, I suppose they deserve this spot in the limelight.
We walk inside and a couple agents stop for only a mere seconds but continue with their work. We walk through the halls and up ahead we see Sharon coming towards us.
I hear Nat mumble something under her breath. Sharon notices us and decides to stop.
Something about her was different. She looked like she hadn't slept in days.
She looked at me and her eyes started to well up. And then it hit me. I was not the only one that was grieving over Peggy.
She turned to Natasha and her expressions changed from grievance to sympathy. "Natasha." She swallowed. "I'm so sorry."
Nat smiled softly. "It's okay. It's not your fault." Nat opened her arms. I was a little shocked and by Sharon's hesitation I could tell she was too. But eventually she greatly accepted it.

Natasha's POV
I was a little surprised by myself. I never thought I would be giving this woman a hug and yet here I was, opening my arms to her.
But I did it because she was grieving just like me. Plus, I know I need to change. I hold onto my past too much and I hold grudges against those who don't deserve it. I mean sure there was a time where I had a reason to dislike Sharon but that battle was over and I had clearly won it. There was no need to keep kicking her while she was down. Wow, love is doing some weird shit to me.
Anyways, right now she needs empathy and I'm finally willing to give that to her.
She cries into my shoulder. I wait a moment before asking. "H-how is she?" I felt weird being the one to ask. It didn't feel like it was my place but neither did reaching out to hug her.
She pulled back, ending the hug. "I just never saw this coming." She turned to look at Steve. "You need to see her."
"I know, I was going to but Fury wants to see me first."
"Well you're in luck. He's down at her holding cell right now. C'mon I'll take you guys to her."

Steve's POV
We followed her down to the floor that holds most of our dangerous adversaries. The room had poor lighting and no windows. It was mainly just a prison.
We saw Fury up ahead, Nat just looked straight on. We approached them and he looked at Sharon. "Agent, what the hell happened to you? You look like-"
"It's nothing really." She interrupted.
"Carter, if you need to rest then go home." He gave her compassion.
"No, really, I'm fine." I could tell she didn't want to be down here. "This is something I have to do."
He nodded and understood.
We walked down to her holding cell and we saw that she was tied up. It hurt me to see her like this.
"We didn't have this many restrictions on her but she was too violent and at one point, she almost escaped." Fury informed.
Sharon started to weep again. I put my hand on her shoulder for reassurance.
"I'll leave you guys alone." Fury said walking off.
It was quiet for a short time. Sharon shook under my touch.
I readied myself for an answer to my up coming question. "How did this happen?"
It took Sharon a moment to gather herself. "My mother was her youngest sister and I'm the youngest of my brothers and sisters so I only remember stories about her. My oldest brother only knows her from when he was little." She smiled. "She was my hero. A woman in her time making a name for herself. She was a woman that knew her value and she made sure others knew it too." Her smile faded as she thought back. "My parents told us about how she came home after the war and she settled down but they knew it wouldn't last. Her and her husband were only married for six months. She told him that she wasn't supposed to be here. She should be out there searching. She felt like it was a burden she carried."
"Searching for what?" I asked.
"For you." She explained. "She and Howard Stark searched everywhere. Soon enough we were brought into the Korean War and she was drafted back in. But they never stopped searching. They would take unauthorized flights to uncharted waters. One day she got a lead and she left without telling anyone, not even Howard. Three months later my family gets a letter in the mail saying she was missing in action."
"What about Howard?"
"How do you think he became such an alcoholic? After Peggy, he gave up. He stopped looking for you and didn't even bother looking for her."
I looked over at Natasha who seemed to be studying Peggy with intensity.
"Well, I think I've seen enough." Sharon turns around and looks at me. "Looks like you have your hands full." She walks off.
I thought about what she had just said. She was referring to my situation with Peggy and Natasha. Some would find it as nosey or rude but I simply laughed on the inside.
"You should probably go see Fury." Nat finally spoke.
"You're probably right. When is your appointment?" I ask.
"What time is it?"
I look at my watch. "15 after 10."
She heavily sighed "I guess I should be going. It's all the way across town and traffic is bad at this time. I'll take the car and be back later."
"Okay." I started to walk off but she didn't follow. "Nat, you coming?"
"Yeah, I'll catch up with you. Just go on."
"Okay." I walked off.

Natasha's POV
She really was a beautiful woman. There was no doubt to that. I could see why Steve fell for her. I knew though that this was not the same woman. She was quite fascinating to watch. It was like I couldn't look away.
"What are you looking at you manky scrubber." She caught me off guard. Did she really just call me a disgusting whore in British slang? I have to remember that that this isn't really her. But I might as well have fun with it.
"Oh, so the beast speaks? Tell me, what's it like being tied up like the mangy bitch you are?" It felt good to say that. Even if I didn't mean it.
"Kogda ya vyyti otsyuda , im pridet posle vas pervym!" She spat at me in my native language. This is so much fun.
"Preuspevat'! Prosto znayu, chto vy budete sozhalet' ob etom!" She seemed almost stunned that I was so fluent, but quickly recovered.
"I am going to have fun killing you slowly." I grew bored of her insults and crossed my arms.
"Listen. I just have one thing to say. You may not remember this when they fix you but I hope these words linger in the back of your mind. Steven Grant Rogers is mine. So stay away from him."
Since she had no idea what I was talking about she scowled as she contorted her face in confusion. I turned around and sashayed down the hall.
That's right, I'm back and nothing will stop me from being happy.

Hey guys! This is one of my more personal favorites but I haven't finished yet so we'll see😉 I hope you enjoyed it! Pls vote💜