Secrets and Sore Boobs

Natasha's POV
An hour later we arrived at Stark Industries. When we walked through the parking lot I saw my car. I should probably take it back after we're finished today.
We made it to the meeting about a minute before it started. I sat in between Steve and Bruce. I tried carrying on a conversation but was too distracted by Pepper sitting across from me with a smirk on her face and a glint in her eye. She was odd sometimes but I just overlooked it.
Fury came into the room and we all fell quiet. He smiled. "It's nice to know that there are still places where you can get respect. But that's not why I'm here. I'm afraid that HYDRA is back. This time with a whole new system, a whole new team, and a whole new game. They've recently became allies with the Columbian drug cartel, the Bristol Mafia which is the biggest mafia organization in the world, and finally Triston Charter. Most people know him as a big music video producer, we on the other hand we know him as the developer of a computer worm which will create backdoors into the databases of all the branches of the U.S. government. This will cause our nation to crumble like the streets of Pompeii. This is the man we are going to use as a gateway to HYDRA. Once we have him and his information on our national database then we can get access to where they are hiding."
"Actually, Sir, the streets of Pompeii were perfectly preserved by the lava that erupted from the near volcano. They didn't crumbled." Banner blurted out which soon got a glare from Fury.
"Right... Well any questions?"
"How are we going to get to him. He must have security guards on duty 24-7." Clint asked.
"Well that's where two of you are going to go in and pose as a couple trying auditioning to be dancers in the next music video he's working on." He explained. "So I thought about using my best paired team which would be you two." He pointed to me and Steve.
"Now this won't be like doing the Charleston." Fury said with a smile. He was now addressing Steve.
"I realize that and I can assure you that I will be up to the task." Steve quickly answered.
"Very well then. Agent Romanoff and Rogers will handle that assignment and you have two weeks to prepare so good luck." Fury appointed then left the room. Everyone dismissed the meeting and left.
I headed to the restroom and when I went in I saw Pepper sitting on the sink and she grinned when she saw me. "Hey, Pepper what's up?" I said awkwardly.
"Oh nothing just watching my friends make out in the elevator." She looked at me with a raised eyebrow.
"Oh my God! You saw that?" I started yelling.
"Shh. Yes I saw it. I'm the one who stopped the elevator." She hopped off the sink.
"That was you? Why!? Are you insane?" I questioned her.
"Yes. Because you guys are meant to be together. And maybe."
"I can't believe you. Of all peop--"
"Oh please just thank me already." She cut me off.
"Why?"
"I know your car has been here all night. I know you went home with Steve. I also know that you didn't drink last night so I know you did it cause you wanted to. Plus look at you. You could be the cover girl for the term "all sexed up". Your face is relaxed. Your skin has color again. It's written all over you." I didn't know what to say after that. She was right. If it wasn't for the elevator stopping, me and Steve wouldn't be together. But how are you supposed to thank someone for trapping you in an elevator!
I suddenly lost my train of thought when someone walked in. It was Maria. "Hey guys." She said before walking into a stall. Me and Pepper continued to argue until she came back out. When she came out she came over to the sink next to us and started washing her hand. She looked in the mirror at us, her eyes grew big as she gasped. Turning around her hands slung water on us. She pointed straight at me and yell, "You had sex!!"
"I told you it was noticeable!" Pepper exclaimed.
"It was with Steve wasn't it?" Maria asked with a grin.
"How do you know?" I asked.
"Wait! Oh my gosh! That glow. The gleam in your eyes. Hang on." She came over and pushed on my breast.
"Ow!" I slapped her hand off.
"Just what I thought, sore boobs. You're pregnant!" Maria screamed.
"What!?" Pepper screamed.
"How do you do that?" I asked. This was not good.
"Wait, Nat are you?" Pepper lowered her voice with concerned. I stared at both of them with fear.
"Um.." Was all I could choke out.
"Nat, it's okay you can trust us." Maria put her hand on my arm.
I sighed with defeat. "Yeah, I am."
"Sweetie, that's so wonderful congratulations." Pepper said in a sweet voice.
"Nat... Who's the father? Is it- is it Steve's? Please tell us it's Steve." Maria looked at me with serious eyes.
"Yes, yes. Steve is the father. I wanted him to be the first to know but thanks to you that's not happening." I snapped.
"Sorry, it's not my fault I have a gift." Maria defended. "So when did this happen?"
"A little over a month ago, before we broke up." I explained.
"You guys broke up?" Maria asked.
"Don't worry, they're back together because of me." Pepper said with a proud smile.
"Good job!" Maria highfived Pepper which ended with a sassy snap. I rolled my eyes at there behavior. "So, how long have you known?" She now faced to me.
"About a week." I answered.
"I know it's none of my business but you need to tell him soon." Maria said.
"I know. You're right , I planned on telling him this morning but then Fury called." I said.
"Well, are you going to keep it?" Pepper asked.
"I've thought long and hard about it and I am. I want to keep it. And if I'm going to have a baby with anyone I'm glad it's Steve. I love him and know he'd be a wonderful dad." They started smiling.
"I'm so happy for you. This is so amazing! You guys are going to be a family." When that word came out of Pepper's mouth I felt a pang of fear. Family. Am I really meant for that?
"That's just it though, it scares me to death to think about having a family. I don't know the first thing about being a parent."
"Honey, no one ever does the first time. That's why you have each other." Pepper's words were comforting.
"I don't know. I just--" I stopped talking when someone came out of one the stalls. My heart suddenly dropped, it was Sharon.
She went over to one of the far sinks and vigorously washed her hand. Before she left she shot me a hateful glare.
"Ugh! Why does everything happen to me? Guys I gotta go talk to her before she says something to Steve before I can. Speaking of, everything said never leaves these four walls." I commanded. They nodded their heads in unison. I quickly rushed out the door. "Sharon? Sharon?" I called into each room I passed. Unaware of where I was going I bumped into someone. "Are you okay?" I looked up and saw Sam towering over me. With him was Steve.
"Yeah I'm fine. Have you guys seen Sharon?" I asked with distraction.
"Yeah she just ran into the workroom." "Thanks! Um... Just give me a few minutes then we can leave." I told Steve.
"Take your time." Steve said then I was off again.
When I got to the workroom I saw her sitting at the table. She didn't look at me but took a sip from her coffee. "So. A baby? I guess a congratulations is in order."
---------------------------

After I had my talk with Sharon we went back to Steve's apartment. But not before we stopped at my place to grab a few things. I can't believe I told him that I wanted to move in with him. Why did I have to be so stupid?
We walk in and I plop down on the couch. He sits next to me and hands me the remote. "You know me too well." I grab the remote and turn on the TV. I search through the channels until I found a movie that caught my eye. "Step Up! Steve you have to watch this!"
"Okay. Sure." He sat back and started watching it. We got half way through it when he said, "They can really dance."
"Please." I rolled my eyes. "I could dance circles around them."
He smiled. "At least you can dance at all."
"Oh that's right, you don't know how to dance at all."
"You don't have to rub it in. I know good and well how bad I am."
"So how were you planning to prepare for our mission?"
"I wasn't too sure of that. I just thought about winging it."
Did he really think that was going to cut it? "You can't just wing it! What were you thinking about when you decided to jump in and do this?"
"You." He gave me a goofy grin.
I shoved him. "Cut the crap, Rogers. This could really mess up our mission!"
"I'm sorry look if it really bothers you, I'll drop out of the mission and get Sam to do it."
"That is incredibly racist. Just because he's black doesn't mean he can dance." I crossed my arms.
"Hey what do you expect. I come from a time where racism was big."
"So you're telling me that Steve Rogers, God's righteous man, is a racist?"
"What? No! One of my closest friends is black."
"That doesn't mean you're not racist. In fact, that just makes you sound more like a racist because racism isn't revolved around one color or ethnicity. You may very well be racist against Russians." I gasped "Are racist against me?" I could tell I was getting to him.
"I am not a racist!" He gritted his teeth.
"Spoken like a true racist." I shook my head in disapproval.
He sat back on the sofa. "You know what? I'm done. I'm not even talking to you the rest of the day."
I laughed at his childish play. "Oh come on, stop being a baby." I stood up. "C'mon."
"What are doing?" She stood up.
"I'm going to teach you how to dance."
"But I thought I was just going to drop out of the mission."
"Yeah but no man should go through his life without learning how to dance. Especially my man." I gave him my signature smirk.
"Oh so now you own me?"
"Just shut and dance." I put a record on and waited for the song to start. Once it did my heart fluttered. The Way You Look Tonight was one of my most favorite songs and I couldn't think of a more perfect song to learn to dance to.
"Okay, just relax and hold me in your arms. Like this." He was still stiff as a board but I continued. "See it isn't so bad. Now just move your feet from side to side." He stepped on my foot.
"Sorry!" He turned red. But I just smiled.
"It's okay. Here let me walk you through it. Step one left. Step two right. Then we meet in the middle and then apart again." We repeated each step until he got the hang of it.
"Hey, I'm doing it!" He says with excitement.
"See, I told you it was easy. Are you ready to spin me?" He looked at me with worry.
"I don't know. Do you think I am?" He looked down at me waiting for an answer.
Something didn't feel right and I wasn't liking what I felt coming over me. Then it all went black.