One Month Later

Tony's P.O.V.

That party I had planned was in a week and it was going to be huge. "So who all did you invite?" Pepper asked.
"Oh the usual you know?" I said. She shook her head. "I asked Steve to come too."
"Really? That was nice of you. Is Natasha coming with him?" She questioned.
"Um no they're done. They have been for about a month now. That's kind of why I invited him." I trailed off suddenly feeling scared.
"What?! Why?" She paused for a moment. "Wait wait wait. Did you suggest to him that he give up?" She looked at me with beady eyes that began to eat my soul.
"No! I just suggested that he move on." I tried defending myself.
"Same difference! How could you do that to him. He came to you as a friend. And you invite him to a party so he can do what? Sew his oats? Well I'll tell you right now that Steve is not an Oats guy okay? He's only been with two women in his whole life and he's been in love with both of them. Not to mention that Natasha's the only woman he's actually 'been' with." She scolded me. I noticed she put emphasis on the word 'been'. I knew that Cap hadn't had much experience in bed, but I was a little surprised that he was a still virgin until he was with Natasha.
"How do you know all of this?" I asked.
"Because when Nat isn't busy closing herself off from the world she needs someone to talk to. Women wise that only leaves me and Maria."
"Oh, well how was I supposed know?" I asked shrugging my body.
"Forget it. I'm just gonna have to find a way to undo the damage that you caused. I think I'll start with inviting Natasha to the party." She started looking off with this look in her eye. "Ugh. Fine do what ever you gotta do. I'll be somewhere where there's no meddling and the words 'leave it alone' actually exist." I started to walk off but she stopped me. "You're not going anywhere. You're going to help me." She said with a smirk.

Natasha's P.O.V.

"What?!" I said out loud to myself. This could not be happening! I stared down at the pregnancy test that had a stupid smiley face for positive.
What am I going to do? How is this even possible? That's just it, it isn't. I was sterilized. There has to be some logical explanation. Maybe I have cancer, I hear that if you have cancer then it can give off symptoms of pregnancy.
What if I am though. That means that I would have to tell Steve. Ugh! Why does my life have to be so hard? I lost my train of thought when the phone rang.

Natasha: Hello?
Pepper: Hey, Nat.
Natasha: Hey, Pepper what's up.
Pepper: Nothing, I was just going to invite you to Tony's birthday party this Saturday. You wanna come?
Natasha: I don't know.
Pepper: Please! I need someone to talk to while Tony talks to all those kiss ups.
Natasha: Okay I guess it would be a way to get some stuff off my mind.
Pepper: Perfect! Okay see you then.

Maybe this wouldn't be so bad.
--------------------
With a lot of charm and begging, the doctor decided to take a look at me. And.. I actually am pregnant. I told her it wasn't possible but she said otherwise. She said with a certain acceptance that there is a possibility. Yep, you guessed it, Steve and his "super sperm" are that acceptance.
-----------------------------

I arrived at Stark Industries at around 8:00 p.m. The party was on the top floor. I can't believe I actually agreed to do this. If Pepper wasn't so nice I probably wouldn't have agreed.
I finally made it to the top floor and was almost immediately greeted by Pepper. We talked for a few minutes, but then she abandoned me at the bar. Really? Of all places. I sat there for what felt like forever. I finally decided to get up and leave that is until I turned around and saw Steve walking towards me.

Pepper's P.O.V.
I kind of felt bad for leaving Nat there by herself. But I needed to get back to Tony and see if Steve had gotten here yet.
When I found Tony I grabbed him and went to go hide around a cornered pillar . I made sure I still had a good view of Natasha. "What are we doing what's going on?" Tony irritatedly asked.
"Where's Steve?" I asked dodging his question.
"What?"
"Where's Steve?" I repeated. "I can't keep her waiting there much longer. She's gonna leave!"
He looked at me with confusion. "Who?"
"Natasha! Remember I told you I had a plan. Don't you listen?" I said.
"You're still on that? I thought I told you that you shouldn't meddle. You gotta get out of what ever this OTP thing that your obsessed with and move on with your life." He asked.
"Ugh. That is not why I'm doing this and I wish you would listen when I-- There he is!" I said interrupting myself. Tony turned around completely forgetting about our argument. I swear that man has A.D.D. sometimes. "What's happening?" He asked excitedly.
"He's walking towards her. He's getting closer. Oh now she sees him! Now there talking but I'm not sure what about."

Steve's P.O.V.

I sort of new what to expect when I came into the room. I expected to see a bunch of people who knew who I was but had no idea who they were. I was right, this middle aged couple came up to me and thanked me for being a wonderful asset to this city and serving our country. He saluted me and I would have saluted him back to dismiss him if I hadn't of seen Natasha sitting at the bar.
She started to leave but froze when she saw me. "Nat, what are you doing here?" I asked.
"Pepper invited me but I was just leaving." She started to walk off but I stopped her.
"Wait. Why don't we sit down and just talk. Just nice normal conversation." She sighed and agreed. When we started to walk back over to the bar a woman stopped me.
"Hey you're Steve right?" She asked. "Uh yeah. Why?"
"I'm Kara, Tony asked me to be your date for tonight." She put her hand on my chest and smiled seductively. "Thanks but I- I already have a date!" I lied.
"You do?" She took her hand off my chest and squinted at me.
"Yes this is her!" I said pulling Natasha close to me. "Isn't that right sweetie? Just play along please." I mumbled to her. Luckily she was willing to cooperate.
"That's right! I'm sorry he's with me. We came together." She said as she laid her head on my chest and put both her arms around my waist. I put my hand on her back. It felt nice to have her this close again.
"Really cause I think I've seen you here all night and I'm just seeing him now?" Kara questioned.
"Listen," Nat said walking toward Kara. "I don't know if you know who I am but just know that I know people, scary people, and if you were smart you would leave and stop pestering Steve and I and when I say he came with me I suggest you leave it at He. Came. With. Me. Do I make myself clear?" Natasha was up in her face now. I forgot that she could be scary sometimes considering she was never like that around me.
"Hmph!" Kara exasperated as she dramatically turned and walked away. Nat turned around and smiled at me and said,
"I think I better go Steve." I didn't want her to leave just yet.
"Why, I just got here and I really don't have anyone to talk to." She sighed and looked up at me.
"Steve, no, I told you this isn't healthy. Now please don't try to follow me." Then she walked off into the crowd of people.

Pepper's P.O.V.

"What just happened?" I yelled at Tony. "Who was that girl?"
"That's right I asked her to be his date tonight." Tony said laughing.
"Do you think this is funny?" I snapped.
"Well, yeah. Your little plan, what ever it was, failed. I'm sorry that I ruined it but now that Nat's leaving its over." He was definitely going to pay for this later.
"She hasn't left yet." I said before walking off. Before I knew it I was standing right in front of Steve. "What are you doing just standing there! Go after her!" He seemed startled by my presence.
"Pepper where did you come from?" He asked.
"No time to explain, now hurry up before she gets on the elevator!" He stared at me with confusion. I was starting to get agitated so I jumped at him. He flinched and it surprised him more than it did me. "Go run!" I commanded. He finally listened to me and started running out the door. I quickly ran out behind him. It was a good thing he was faster because at my speed I would have never made it to the elevator in time. But I was able to make sure that he got in just before it closed.

Guys I know this chapter sucks. It was basically just a chapter put in just so I could get to the part leading up to it which is them in the elevator. So please just bare with me. :)