Part 12

The next morning, I decide to skip classes and get familiar with the school grounds. I walked around for about half an hour before I found a stable. "They have animals here?" I walk towards the animal house. When I'm inside, I see four to five horses. A white one stands out to me. "Well aren't you a pretty one." I pet it and it neighs in response. I chuckle a little.

"So, do you want to tell me your name?" I ask it even though I know that I won't get an answer. I leave the horse to go and explore the building. "Why would the school have this here when no one uses it?"

I hear a voice coming from the entrance. I hide in one of the vacant horse stalls. "Stupid Yuki. Who does she think she is?"

Wait, that's Zero's voice. My anger from last night begins to come back to me, and it takes every drop of my self-control to not jump out and punch him in the face. "Hey girl, how are you doing today?" Like the horse did with me, she neighs. "Good. Good." Zero falls down onto the small pile of hay in pain.

Zero! I start to get up but then I don't. "Damnit... I can't keep trying to eat those blood capsules..." What? "I also can't keep drinking from Yuki. I will kill her if I do..."

Zero... You're a... a... "A vampire?" I finish my thought out loud. Shit!

"Who's there?" Zero gets up quickly and pulls out the Bloody Rose.

"M-me..." No point in hiding now. I stand up and look him in the eye.

"How much did you hear."

"Oh, not much. Just all of it." I crinkle my nose. "Vampire."

He flinches at the word. "Look, it's not what you think-"

"No I'm pretty sure that I know what you really are." My words drip with poison "You're a blood sucking leech. You're kind doesn't think twice about killing innocent people."

"Listen to me!" He drops his gun and walks towards me. "I am still the same Zero that you've known since childhood."

I pull out (y/w). "No,you're not the Zero that I remember. The Zero that I knew wasn't a vampire. The Zero that I knew was nice and caring. Not some asshole that yells at people for trying to help. The Zero I knew made me a promise. And that promise was that he would marry me when we were older."

"(Y-yn)..." I point (y/w) at him. "There's one thing that you're wrong about."

"What's that."

"The truth is that when we were young, I was still a vampire."

My posture falters. "What?

Zero nods. "When my parents were killed, the pureblood vampire Shizuka turned me into one."

"Why..." I put down (y/w).

"What?"

"Why didn't you tell me that you were a vampire!" I scream at him.

"I didn't think that it was important. And besides, when we were young, didn't you say that you would love me no matter what?!" He now started shouting back. "You said that you didn't care what I was, as long as we got a 'happy ending'!"

I remember that... He got me... "Look," I begin, "I know what I said. And do you want to know what I'm thinking?"

"What"

"That I was dead wrong. Even if we get a 'happy ending', you will turn into a Level E. That's something that you can't stop from happening."

He sighs. "I know... And to be quite honest, I'm actually scared. I'm scared that when I go E, I wont be able to have a good life. I'll be hunted. The H.A. will make sure that I'm dead. They were reluctant to even let me join in the first place."